Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Switch from MVC (asp.net) to WebForms on Plesk?

I have been hosting a secure MVC site on Plesk for about a year now.  For reasons outside the scope of this question, I have rebuilt that same site in ASP.Net WebForms and just deployed it to GoDaddy. I am getting the following error:

This program is blocked by group policy. For more information, contact your system administrator

Can I host a WebForms app on the Plesk hosting?  Is the SSL certificate of the MVC Site valid for the WebForms site? I'd think it would be...

First two lines of the stack trace are as follows:

[Win32Exception (0x80004005): This program is blocked by group policy. For more information, contact your system administrator]

[ExternalException (0x80004005): Cannot execute a program. The command being executed was "G:\PleskVhosts\damonjgray.org\httpdocs\bin\roslyn\csc.exe" /shared /keepalive:"10" /noconfig  /fullpaths @"C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\49c76d28\f1898b0c\znocfwnh.cmdline".]
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RESOLVED!!

For others who may encounter this same issue, the problem was with the Roslyn compiler in Visual Studio.  To get around this, you need to blow out Roslyn plugin.

1. Right click your project and open the Nuget Package manager.
  2. Find “DotNetCompilerPlatform” and uninstall it. 
  3. Rebuild/Republish your project and upload it to GoDaddy.  
  4. You should be good to go!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

RESOLVED!!

For others who may encounter this same issue, the problem was with the Roslyn compiler in Visual Studio.  To get around this, you need to blow out Roslyn plugin.

1. Right click your project and open the Nuget Package manager.
  2. Find “DotNetCompilerPlatform” and uninstall it. 
  3. Rebuild/Republish your project and upload it to GoDaddy.  
  4. You should be good to go!

View solution in original post