cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Unable to import MS SQL Database dump - please help

I have tried several times to import my SQL DB dump into Plesk. Any time I try it just displays an error and results in the server being unavailable. At which point I just have to delete the database and start over and try again. Does anyone know what this error message means and how I can solve it? Any help is hugely appreciated as this has been a big pain for a few days. Thank you.

Unable to import the [db name] dump:

• Unable to set the maximum file size of the database: 'mssqlmng failed: The server principal "n1nmssqlv03plsk" is not able to access the database "[db name]" under the current security context.
  • at (VADOConnection::execute line 78)
  • at execute console command --set-max-size(vconsoleapp::start line 93)
  • at execute "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\mssqlmng" --set-max-size "--server=188.121.44.217" "--login=n1nmssqlv03plsk" "--password=*" "--database=[db name]" "--max-size=-1" "--max-size-unit=MB"(vconsoleapp::run line 110)
  • (Error code 1)'
2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Unable to import MS SQL Database dump - please help

@FraserMca 

You may want to call into support on this one. It looks like a possible server side configuration issue.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Re: Unable to import MS SQL Database dump - please help

please help me to clear this error when im trying to import database in dump :

Unable to import the Entrys dump:
Unable to restore database 'Entrys'
mysql: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 2: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Microsoft Visual Studio Solution File, Format Version 12.00
VisualStudioVersion' at line 1
(Error code 22)