cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Uploaded Stylesheets Inaccessible From Browser or Application

I'm working on this site and stylesheets or images hosted on the server aren't accessible. CDN links for Bootstrap, jQuery etc. are working properly.

Here's the console, though you can access the site from the link above to compare:

Screen Shot 2019-06-26 at 3.46.46 PM.png

Here's my folder structure on Plesk:
Screen Shot 2019-06-26 at 3.43.22 PM.png

I haven't played with any folder permissions, which leads me to believe that I should be able to see my stylesheet at http://www.stlouisinabox.com/Content/Site.css (I get a 404 error).

Here's how I'm referencing it in the Layout page, but I don't think that's the issue here since I can't even access it from a browser:
`<link href="@Url.Content("~/Content/Site.css")" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />`

Thanks for any insight you might provide.

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Uploaded Stylesheets Inaccessible From Browser or Application

@gattoun 

I think that this is 100% a folder permission issue, as if you try to get to just /Content it says can't be found.

It seems like the Content folder doesn't have read permissions.

Also it's been a while since I did things on a windows server, but as I recall it could also be an ownership issue that the inetpub (I think that is the web server user) didn't have rights to the folder

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Re: Uploaded Stylesheets Inaccessible From Browser or Application

All read/write permissions are set for all users. There isn't an inetpub user, here are the ones I have:

Screen Shot 2019-06-28 at 8.48.47 AM.png