cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

Web Deploy is not working in Plesk

Web Deploy is broken in Plesk again. Looks like this happened in August of last year and is happening again today. I would have commented on the other posts but they are locked for some reason.

About a week or two, all of my sites and the Plesk admin tool itself were offline. What's going on over there at Godaddy? They don't tell you anything is offline, and when you call in, they just say they are working on it. Giving us more details when we call in will help us help you when we have to call back later.

Fix it please!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
New
Solution

Re: Web Deploy is not working in Plesk

So... spent 2 hours on the phone yesterday with support... was transferred on about 2 or 3 times to finally get to someone that seemed to have a communication channel into the right people. GD is known for saying "it's a problem with your code, our servers look fine." Be kind but persistent and they should be able to help with this issue.

For me, I ended up emailing in screenshots of the failure message stating that the SERVER admin had to review the authorization and delegation configuration as well as the Publish Wizard steps from Visual Studio (I'm on 2013 by the way) and the contents of my publish profile settings that I downloaded from Plesk. While they did not resolve the issue over the phone, they stated that they would want to work on my account and requested my permission to change my Plesk password so they could test. I agreed and then hung up. About 2 hours later I got an email from support saying it had been resolved and that I should login to Plesk and change my password and test. I just finished publishing from Visual Studio and it went through.

Unfortunately, the email does not say what they did to fix the issue. When my support tech started going down the path to washing their hands of the issue, I pointed to forum posts in this community and politely pleaded that they review them... the exact same issue has occurred before and GoDaddy has been able to resolve it historically. Once I convinced the tech to look at the Web Deploy posts here... that's when they requested screenshots and got on the path to resolution.

I don't envy folks that do phone support... their job is to hear from people that are only having problems - keep that in mind when dealing with them.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
New
Solution

So... spent 2 hours on the phone yesterday with support... was transferred on about 2 or 3 times to finally get to someone that seemed to have a communication channel into the right people. GD is known for saying "it's a problem with your code, our servers look fine." Be kind but persistent and they should be able to help with this issue.

For me, I ended up emailing in screenshots of the failure message stating that the SERVER admin had to review the authorization and delegation configuration as well as the Publish Wizard steps from Visual Studio (I'm on 2013 by the way) and the contents of my publish profile settings that I downloaded from Plesk. While they did not resolve the issue over the phone, they stated that they would want to work on my account and requested my permission to change my Plesk password so they could test. I agreed and then hung up. About 2 hours later I got an email from support saying it had been resolved and that I should login to Plesk and change my password and test. I just finished publishing from Visual Studio and it went through.

Unfortunately, the email does not say what they did to fix the issue. When my support tech started going down the path to washing their hands of the issue, I pointed to forum posts in this community and politely pleaded that they review them... the exact same issue has occurred before and GoDaddy has been able to resolve it historically. Once I convinced the tech to look at the Web Deploy posts here... that's when they requested screenshots and got on the path to resolution.

I don't envy folks that do phone support... their job is to hear from people that are only having problems - keep that in mind when dealing with them.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper V

Are you on a shared hosting plan? Have you been able to deploy more than once to the same project/site?

I have had problems doing a web deploy to GoDaddy for years. It works the first time but then it always failed. GoDaddy did not help. Finally, now that GoDaddy has dropped support of POP email, I have moved on (to a hosting service that does Web Deploy real good). And as soon as I did I happened to stumble on an article that is a likely explanation of the Web Deploy problem. It clearly explains a situation causing Web Deploy to fail after the first deployment.

Highlighted
New

I'm on shared hosting. After they fixed me up last time I was able to publish and I ended up publishing a couple times. I have not needed to since so havent tried since. Hopefully it keeps working. The email support burned me too... I have migrated to zoho though. Curious - who is your new hosting provider - do you like them?
Highlighted
Helper V

I assume this is not posting to the GoDaddy forums. I want to be
relatively considerate.

I am using Winhost. They seem very qualified technically. I am frustrated by their support in the sense that is it
usually very minimal but I have gotten things working and I get the
feeling they can help with advanced developer issues. Also unlike
GoDaddy, their support is online; I think they do not even offer phone
support. Like GoDaddy they have a support forum. It is not clear to me
if their plans include POP email; a few years ago when I was researching
hosts I thought they (WinHost) said that email was not included. So I
use 25 Mail St.: Managed email hostingfor email. One thing I like about WinHost is that they are relatively local to me
but I assume that is not relevant to you.

Another one I considered is GearHost. I do not know much about them except they do offer a plan that has no cost. I
managed to get Simple Samples Network
working using that.