Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Emortalx7
New

Adding SSL certificate to secondary domain.

I currently own 2 single site SSL certificates. I have one assigned to my primary domain which I am hosting and have a unregistered ssl certificate which I want to assign to my other domain name which is redirecting to add on domain but I am unable to select the domain from the ssl certificate dropdown.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
JesseW
Community Manager

Hi @Emortalx7. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! 

When requesting an SSL Certificate for a hosted site within your account, you'll only be able to choose domains that are set as the primary for an account. If you have a cPanel account, you can request and install the second certificate by following the same process as you would if you were installing it on a 3rd party server. This article explains how to do that. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.

View solution in original post

Thank you I ended up calling support and was pointed in the right direction. 

Appreciate your time.

2 REPLIES 2
JesseW
Community Manager

Hi @Emortalx7. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! 

When requesting an SSL Certificate for a hosted site within your account, you'll only be able to choose domains that are set as the primary for an account. If you have a cPanel account, you can request and install the second certificate by following the same process as you would if you were installing it on a 3rd party server. This article explains how to do that. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.

Thank you I ended up calling support and was pointed in the right direction. 

Appreciate your time.