cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I get a SSL Certificate when I purchased my domain and basic hosting (Linux)?

Hello guys i hope to get some help before taking contact to Godaddy support and waiting those long minutes.

When i made my purchase i remember the purchase of SSL key too, but this is just marginal now if i did purchase or not.

The thing is, when i see AWSTATS in cPanel, i do see an SSL key.

The date is "wrong" in the way, i did my self "install" a ssl key, but before installing do you need a purchase, or do you get one with you, when puchasing a domain and hosting?

Perhaps an automatized SSL key is made when installing wordpress?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Redarding Puchase of domain and basic hosting (Linux)

Hi @ProjectMercy,

Thanks for being a part of the GoDaddy Community. Some of our hosting plans do include a free SSL for the first year, if you received an SSL with your purchase it would be visible under all your products.

Lisi - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

@Lisi wrote:

Hi @ProjectMercy,

Thanks for being a part of the GoDaddy Community. Some of our hosting plans do include a free SSL for the first year, if you received an SSL with your purchase it would be visible under all your products.

Hi Lisi, than you for a proper answer.
But i can not see it under my products, i could swear that i installed an SSL key, and as stated i see it in the Stats in cPanel?
So clearly something must has gone wrong, and since you do not answer me whether or not certain installation automatically creates an SSL key confuses me.

Should i still call the support line? 

really...