cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Do I have to display the GoDaddy Security Seal?

Wondering if anyone can help here.

I'm asking on support chat but they seem thoroughly confused about my question - so thought I would check here.

I assume not, but is there any obligation to show the site security seal for my standard SSL certificate?

It seems to be adding about 1 second on my website's load time (pretty significant when aiming for about 3 second and under load) and I don't believe it's that useful to the user - I'm not running an ecommerce shop or anything.

Does anyone know if we HAVE to display it or if it's optional?

Thanks for any help.

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Do I have to display the GoDaddy Security Seal?

@ConfusedUK 

I am not aware of any specific requirements (at least in the US) - I have a couple 100 sites and don't display an SSL "badge" on any of them.

It is also a mater of knowing your visitors and if it would make a difference to them.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Thanks for the quick response!

After 30+ minutes with support they eventually came back to tell me the answer to a completely different question - helpful, I know.

After I rephrased the question and sent screenshots, I eventually got the same answer as you've stated - it's fine to not show it. Phew! Thanks again!

Super User III Super User III
Super User III

The site seal is just to show visitors the site uses a secure connection, not a technical requirement to make it work.