Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
voyage
New

FTPS Certificate Issues

Hi, I've setup a GoDaddy SSL certificate, it works fine for my site, but whenever I try to connect via FTP I get an error saying "Hostname does not match certificate." The cert received through FTP points to a Starfield server, *.prod.phx3.secureserver.net instead. I've configured the https redirect and .htaccess file, but I don't see anything else in cPanel that could address this. Anyone have any similar experiences?

Edit: My colleague has suggested that this might be due to my connection being routed through one of GoDaddy's load balancing servers before reaching my own server. Any suggestions on how to address this?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@voyage 

Ok so I was able to reproduce this.

I was able to get it to work with p3plzcpnl466174.prod.phx3.secureserver.net

I think it maybe something with how cPanel/WHM works and FTPS has to use the host name vs the individual account domain name

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PL281
Super User IV

@voyage 

What are you using for the host name in your FTP client - if you are using your primary domain (without www or ftp) it "should" connect without issue

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

@PL281 I'm only using the hostname, without www or ftp at the beginning. 

@PL281 This is the error I'm receiving:

voyage_1-1619989144235.png

@voyage 

Ok so I was able to reproduce this.

I was able to get it to work with p3plzcpnl466174.prod.phx3.secureserver.net

I think it maybe something with how cPanel/WHM works and FTPS has to use the host name vs the individual account domain name

View solution in original post