cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

GoDaddy "AMA"-Ask Me Anything With Security Team--Thursday, August 23rd, 2PM-3PM PT

Ask our GoDaddy Security team a question in this thread from 2PM-3PM PT on Thursday, August 23rd. They'll be here answering questions in the Community for one hour. You'll also be able to see other questions that they've answered by clicking on the SSL & Security forum and looking at the questions at the top of the forum during the one hour timeframe. See you there!

Rachel

8 REPLIES 8
Helper V

Re: GoDaddy "AMA"-Ask Me Anything With Security Team--Thursday, August 23rd, 2PM-3PM PT

This sounds like a live event. No information on how to participate.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: GoDaddy "AMA"-Ask Me Anything With Security Team--Thursday, August 23rd, 2PM-3PM PT

Hi @Hopeful,

If you have a question for our Security team, please feel free to add it to this post. There's a post about the event in our Announcements forum https://www.godaddy.com/community/Announcements/quot-AMA-quot-Ask-Me-Anything-With-Security-Team-Thu.... Thanks!

Rachel

Employee
Employee

We look forward to it!

Dre Armeda, CISSP
Director, Product Management | GoDaddy Security Product Group
Community Manager
Community Manager

We're here with you now so please feel free to ask any questions. You'll see the questions that our team has responded to at the top of the SSL and Security forum https://www.godaddy.com/community/SSL-And-Security/bd-p/SSLandSecurity

Rachel

Helper V

I have a question. What is this new website security product that comes with GoCentral now? What does it do exactly, what does it protect against, what is the process for installing it? I assumed our site was already secured as much as it should be automatically...

Thanks.

Employee
Employee

GoDaddy's new security product is a combination of both malware removal and firewall protection. The basic plan come with malware removal and the deluxe plan come with a firewall to actively prevent attacks on the website. If your website is ever hacked or infected we'll perform incident response and remove any malware from the website and provide post-infection steps to follow. The firewall will scrub any malicious traffic attempting to access the website to prevent things like cross site scripting and DDoS attacks.

Websites can get infected in a number of different ways: out of date software that contains vulnerabilities, compromised/weak passwords are the most common. If your website is using vulnerable/out of date software the firewall will prevent that from being exploited. The firewall also comes with a global CDN to improve performance and speed of the site. Installation is easy from within your GoDaddy hosting.

Helper V

Thank you. I see there are 3 levels offered. Which one comes with GoCentral? Also, does it protect against ransomware?

Employee
Employee

Hey again! With GoCentral Business, Business Plus & Online Store it will include SSL, but the malware removal and firewall protection is separate from that.

As for ransomware: It's actually pretty rare for websites themselves to be infected with ransomware. Late 2015/early 2016 there was a brief wave of it that would encrypt actual website files but this turned out to not be very profitable for attackers and as far as I know those cases became very uncommon. As far as ransomware is concerned it's more common for websites to be hacked and redirect visitors to other malicious websites that encrypt the files of the users computers. Our firewall service and malware removal will protect your website from being exploited in this way.