cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Godaddy SSL renewal

Hi,

We have a Godaddy " Standard UCC SSL Up to 5"-certificate for our Exchange 2016 server.

It has been working well for quite some time.

Last month, we received a mail from Godaddy that our certificate was set to automatically renew. ("A new certificate will be issues after you have extended. But you need to check your account data").

(I am translating from dutch).

Afterwards, we got another godaddy email "Verification domain  administration is necessary. We have received a certificate signing request for these domains [..]."

We have confirmed this, and got a confirmation mail that are renewed certifcate is available.

Now when I go to the Exchange 2016 control panel, the exchange certificate (from Godaddy) is still expiring next mont. In the Exchange control panel, there is a "Renew" button, but what do I do with this certificate signing request that is generated there?

In the godaddy control panel, I can only download the new certificate.

Do I have to completely remove the 'old' godaddy certificate from my Exchange server and download and install the new certificate to my exchange server?

Thanks,

Thomas.

1 REPLY 1
Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Re: Godaddy SSL renewal

From some experience with SSL certs for websites, you normally do have to download/install cert when issued a new cert.

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***