cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

How to generate CSR for EV SSL certificate for a domain purchased through GoDaddy?

Hi,

I've purchased a domain name through my GoDaddy account and also purchased an EV SSL certificate I wanted to add to the new domain but am getting presented with a screen to generate a CSR request so how do I do this?  I've checked for a possible solution but none of these seem to work so would appreciate advice.

The new domain is now connect to a Shopify store if that makes any difference but at the moment I've paid a fair amount of money for something I cannot use.

Best regards,

Peter Dark

2 REPLIES 2

Re: How to generate CSR for EV SSL certificate for a domain purchased through GoDaddy?

Hi @pjdark

Thanks for posting in our forums. I do believe Shopify comes with a SSL for free that you can activate. Check out their help article here. If you just are securing this site, please reach out to our sales and support team if the SSL was purchased 30 days ago for your refund option. 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
Employee
Employee
Solution

Re: How to generate CSR for EV SSL certificate for a domain purchased through GoDaddy?

Hello Peter @pjdark,

A Certificate Signing Request (CSR) is a block of encoded text that is generated from the server where your website is located. This identifies which server will use your certificate, as well as the domain names (common names) you'll use for SSL certificates. How you generate a CSR depends on the type of certificate you're requesting and your operating system/control panel.

Unfortunately it appears that Shopify does not allow you to use 3rd party SSL's. It does not seem like they offer Extended Validation SSL's but they do provide you a standard SSL certificate. https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/domains/managing-domains/ssl

If you just are securing this site, please reach out to our sales and support team  24/7 to discuss your refund options.  Thank You for being a Godaddy Customer!