cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

I think my site is under attack

Hello everyone.

My website is RealNSE.com

I’m hoping I could get some guidance. Since yesterday, my website has been basically down. When I try and login to my Wordpress admin, it either says too many requests or just doesn’t load. And trying to access my regular website it does the same.

I believe I’m under DDoS attack. I’ve tried doing multiple restores on Godaddy. No luck. Any advise? I’m freaking out.

Thanks!
Nico
4 REPLIES 4
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: I think my site is under attack

@djbootleg 

It looks like it's more a case of an unoptimized WordPress installation. Please see this GTMetrix report and WebPageTest report. You've got a lot of stuff happening on there that doesn't really fit with best practices. 

Basically, there's a lot of optimization work you'll want to do. Alternatively, you can hire a WordPress dev to do it for you. You may also be ready for a server upgrade, depending on the hosting plan you're on. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Hey @MrVapor  thanks for the reply. I guess that’s good news. Just a follow up question if you don’t mind.

If it is the optimization issues, would that cause issues logging in and accessing the admin?

Thanks!
Nico

Super User III
Super User III

Hey @djbootleg,

Sorry for the delay in response. Yes, there are certain things that load even on the login pages that can cause resources to max out on the server causing delayed loading or timeouts. A good caching plugin like WP Rocket can help a lot with this if you're on cPanel. Managed WordPress won't work very well with third-party caching plugins. I hope that helps a bit.

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@djbootleg 

Check out this article I wrote, Build a Fast WordPress Site, and you should get a few helpful tips that can help you sort your issues a bit.