cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Installing SSL cert on a Windows / PLESK hosted domain that is not the primary domain

How can I install my GoDaddy SSL certificate on my GoDaddy registered domain, which is hosted on a GoDaddy Windows/PLESK hosting platform ? The domain is not the primary domain in my hosting package. Any guidance will be useful.

a. I have generated the crt files etc.. I have the private-key text file. I just do not know where to store them . Do I just upload to the root ?

b. In generating the files, it asked me which server I used. The GoDaddy support guy told me to select Apache. But he seems unsure. Anyway, I generated the files anyway. What do ido with them ?

1 REPLY 1
Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: Installing SSL cert on a Windows / PLESK hosted domain that is not the primary domain

Hello  ,I hope you are doing well. GoDaddy Plesk shared hosting accounts (more info) support SSL certificates from GoDaddy (which we install for you on the primary domain) as well as third-party vendors (which you must install yourself). Here's the process for manual SSL cert installation:

1. Get a Dedicated IP Address (Shared hosting only) - Though you don't need a dedicated IP address to install an SSL on your Plesk account, having one ensures all visitors can successfully establish an SSL connection. For more information, seeAdd a dedicated IP address.
     Warning: If you add a dedicated IP address to your account, contact customer support to finalize its set up.
  2. Generate a CSR — You must provide the company providing your SSL certificate a certificate signing request (CSR) from your Plesk shared hosting account.
  3. Uploading and installing your SSL certificate — After receiving the SSL certificate, you need to upload it to your shared hosting account, and then "turn it on" for the site you want to secure.

For more help: https://pk.godaddy.com/help/installing-ssls-on-plesk-shared-hosting-12028

Zulfiqar Anees | GoDaddy Pro | Founder/CEO at FastTech Media, TechMag, and ZulWeb.