cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Just got my Steam account Hacked from a website I believe is registered with Godaddy

Hi Guys,

My Steam account was just hacked, and the blame is on myself for trusting a suspicious link just to win a stupid game... 

Im to blame for trusting a new suspicious "friend" request and a day later getting a message the following message

1 free steam key for you! Go to game-xfly.com and take the game you want!

I won a game key for RUST and when I logged in with Steam
I even used the Steam guard app on my phone, I was hesitant but the login seemed legit so I attempted to redeem the keycode.

Then My account details were changed, Steam Guard was removed, my mobile number was removed and email changed…. When I tried to recover the account the verification link was sent to another email (hacker’s email)

When I done a simple Who is on the domain I found out that it's registered with yourself. I am in contact with Steam Support hopefully the case will be resolved soon, just wanted to report this case to GoDaddy hopefully other people will not fall for the same scam. 

steam friend.pnggamexfly.png

3 REPLIES 3
Super User I
Super User I

Re: Just got my Steam account Hacked from a website I believe is registered with Godaddy

Hello @lukebrincat and thank you for reaching out to the GoDaddy community. 

I see the WHOIS does say that the domain was purchased through GoDaddy, but unable to point where the website is hosting since its using CloudFlare for DNS. 

Let us know if Steam helps resolve your issue.

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***

Re: Just got my Steam account Hacked from a website I believe is registered with Godaddy

Thanks for your message, after 3 hours I managed to get my account back, they done a security reset and thankfully I have my account back. 

Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Hello @lukebrincat !

Thank you for getting back to us and letting us know they were able to help you out!

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis

*Please ignore my incorrect spelling and grammar, via my phone*
~ Get Outlook for Android

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***