cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Mail DKIM signature verification problem

Hi Friends!

Have a BIG problem with my emails sent from GoDaddy hosted email account.

GoDaddy's mail server signs all emails(with 'default' selector) coming from it with DKIM signature. It's very good but GoDaddy support does not supply Public part of DKIM Keys in corresponding Domain zone so destination mail servers unable to Verify provided email signatures and recognize those emails as a (probable) SPAM.

Taking in account that all outgoing emails are DKIM-signed there must be a Public Key which can be placed to 'Domain Key' TXT RR to make it possible email to be successfully verified.

The Question is... "Where can get the Public part of DKIM key pair?" Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Mail DKIM signature verification problem

Hi, @MEGA. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community. I'm not sure if that's something we can answer here, but we may be able to. We'd need to know which email service you're referring to, though. If you can provide that, we may be able to get you the information you're looking for. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

GoDaddy does not support DKIM. They have disabled it as well as many other crucial services. Perhaps they will be offering it later as a paid service like backups now, which is a ridiculous rip-off.

I have the same problem via Control Panel e-mails.

Send an e-mail using webmail to a http://dkimvalidator.com address.

dkimvalidator.com reports:

permerror (key "default._domainkey.<my domain>" doesn't exist)

This means btinternet, yahoo! etc reject the email!

I cannot find anywhere what the public key should be Smiley Frustrated

I am trying to verify Amazon SES DKIM setting at Godaddy it is continuously failing , I am using www.EZReachOut.com to send bulk marketing emails as its cheap, so I need to verify DKIM settings, and I have retried atleast 5 times and it fails.

New

I am having the same issue.  I have tried multiple times but as far as I can tell this is not something that Go Daddy supports.  We are currently looking at using a different domain provider.  In my initial investigation it appears that all of the services can be provided cheaper elsewhere also.  Up until now I have been quite satisfied with Go Daddy services and support but this seems quite poor, especially as it looks as though it is a service which Go Daddy actually turned off rather than being something that they need to implement.  This is because Go Daddy want you to use their own, much more expensive, bulk mail marketing services.