Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manually renew certificate

Dear all,

I have a customer with a expiring SSL certificate this month. I find out, that - during the renewal process - the SSL certificate also got automaticaly renewed.

As I want to use the "normal way" I created a renewal request in Exchange. I now have the request-file but can't use it, as the new certificate is already created.

Is there any way to do this renewal by the book or do I have to import the SSL certificate which has been already created?

Regards,

Christof

3 REPLIES 3
JesseW
Community Manager

Hi @Computerdienst. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! Based on what you've said, it sounds like the certificate has already been renewed on our side. If any further action is required for the renewed certificate to be issued, you should see a prompt within your GoDaddy account. After your renewed SSL certificate is issued, you'll need to install it on your server. Keep in mind that:

• If you selected a domain hosted with us when you requested your renewal, we automatically install your certificate.
  • If you provided a CSR (certificate signing request), check your email from us for further information about installing the renewed certificate on your server. You must downloadand install both certificate files.

If that doesn't help you move forward, please consider contacting our customer care team so they can address your concerns. Hope this helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.

Dear Jesse,

The Problem is it was a renewal and GoDaddy didn't get me ANY chance to create a new Request. I just received a new certificate, but the step by step manual - which you are also linking everywhere - states clearly that I first create a CSR and THEN submit it.

As mentioned before, I can't do this because GoDaddy created a new certificate for me. I tried to complete the validation process anyway with the CRT file, but it's still "Pending" in Exchange.

Hi Jesse,

I just solved the issue myself. I just reissued the certificate and used the new Request which my Server generated.

Fine now.