cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

Question mark behind domain name and link won't open for some users?

I am a novice and building new site. Not sure I selected right group to post this too. I noticed that when I paste the link to my domain a question mark shows up behind it. Also, some users can't open the links on my page. These are users on large, secure networks. Phones, ipads and home computers seem to work fine. Can anyone advise me on how to resolve these issues before my free trail ends and I lock myself into a set package?

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Question mark behind domain name and link won't open for some users?

Post a link to your site. Sounds like you don't have SSL certificate tho. 

Super User III Super User III
Super User III

A question mark shouldn't affect routing, though it sounds like this is coming from internal network settings.  Where and how are these links being posted?

New

finishthepumps.com

Thx
New

Some are links to my blog post which should be internal to the website. The others are links to other websites (open in new page). Website is finishthepumps.com

Thanks!

Super User III

I am not seeing internal links with question marks on your site.  Not sure if I'm understanding the issue being described.  If you could walk us thru the steps taken.

New

IMG_2409.jpg

When I paste a link to my site in a facebook post a question mark comes up behind the link (see pic).

Also, when some users that are on desktop computers on a large network with sophisticated security try to own the blogs on my home page or any of the links on the Resources page nothing happens. 

These may be unrelated issues and the first may not be an issue at all. Like I said - I'm a novice. 

Super User III
Solution

Hum, it still seems the issue is coming from security software running on the user's end.  It could be as simple as the domain is too new and the security provider wants to run prescans for any threats before allowing access.  But it is hard to say conclusively without knowing more about their setup.

Hi @ann53,

Welcome to the Community!

We concur with Nate, the issue seems to be local to the user. The "?" you speak of on the Facebook post, does not appear for me when viewed from my personal Facebook page. It appears to be an informational "cue" from Facebook and will tell you what it's for if you hover or click on it. 

The website itself is resolving well and the SSL is connected and functioning (https on the URL - it is secure). The larger companies you speak of may have firewalls that are preventing full access to your site. But this is a local issue for them. The link you show under the picture takes me directly to your GoCentral website. You may wish to include your email address on the website as well - for those experiencing connection issues. We're not able to replicate them here. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support