cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

SSL Certificate installed but not showing up anywhere

I purchased an SSL certificate from GoDaddy, and followed all the instructions to install it through CPanel, but it still isn't showing. The https doesn't work, and when I put the URL into online SSL certificate checkers, it doesn't recognise it. I got the Really Simple RSS plugin for wordpress and it doesnt recognise it either. 

Can anyone tell me what the problem might be and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

7 REPLIES 7
Super User III
Super User III

Re: SSL Certificate installed but not showing up anywhere

Hey there @tessm,

Would you mind providing the URL so we can take a look? Thanks!

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

New

Hi Joe,

Sorry, that would have been useful to include! It's www.reservedpages.co.uk.

Thanks,

Tess

Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Okay, so it's not showing a certificate at all for me. So, let's make sure you followed the installation instructions correctly:

1. Log in to your GoDaddy account and go to your hosting.
  2. Click cPanel Admin.
  3. In the Security section, click SSL/TLS Manager.
  4. Under Certificate Signing Requests (CSR), click Generate, view, or delete SSL certificate signing requests.
  5. Complete the fields in the Generate a New Certificate Signing Request (CSR) section and click Generate.

Your CSR displays in the Encoded Certificate Signing Request section. You'll need to make a copy of the CSR to request an SSL certificate.

Request and download your SSL certificate

1. Provide the CSR to the company who issued the certificate. If it’s GoDaddy, request the certificate.
  2. After the certificate is issued, you will need to download your certificate as a CRTfile.

Upload and Activate Your Certificate

To complete these steps, you need to have the CRT file provided to you by the company who issued your SSL certificate.

1. Log in to your GoDaddy account.
  2. Click Web Hosting.
  3. Next to the cPanel account you want to use, click Manage.
  4. Click cPanel Admin.
  5. In the Security section, click SSL/TLS Manager.
  6. Under Certificates (CRT), click Generate, view, upload, or delete SSL certificates.
  7. Use the Upload Certificate section to upload the CRT file from your local machine and click Upload Certificate.
  8. From the SSL/TLS Manager, click Manage SSL Sites.
  9. Click Browse Certificates and select the certificate that you want to activate. This will auto-fill the fields for the certificate.
  10. Click Install Certificate.

Did you follow all of these steps? Because even missing one can mess up the whole thing.

Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

New

Thanks Joe - I had somehow managed to miss the last 3 steps! However, I get as far as Step 10 and it asks me for a Private Key, where do I find that?

Super User III
Super User III

It should automatically generate when you select the domain and then hit the autofill by domain button if everything was done correctly. 

New

Hi Joe, 

Thank you for all your help yesterday, I finally got it sorted. Once I rekeyed the certificate and carefully followed all the steps correctly, it all worked smoothly and now the site is https. Thanks again! 

Tess

Super User III
Super User III

@tessm, You're more than welcome! Glad I could help.