cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSL certificate error for a valid certificate

Hello Admins,

I own the domain - talentstor.com

Am forwarding this domain to my Windows 2012 webserver hosted in our environment.

Hostname: w12vpnhost.talentstor.com

Forward rule: https://w12vpnhost.talentstor.com/RDWeb

I have also created an "A" record in godaddy for this host. Also the default nameservers ns63.domaincontrol.com and ns64.domaincontrol.com exist in my domain profile.

I have purchased a SSL cert for this host and also applied it correctly on the web server.

Issue: When I launch www.talentstor.com on my IE Web browser, the forwarding happens fine but I get the certificate error "The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address."

Sometimes I get the above error and sometimes the page loads fine without any error. (Redirection happens fine).

Can you please advise how I can get rid of this problem?

Regards

1 REPLY 1

Re: SSL certificate error for a valid certificate

Hey @talentstor

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

It sounds like your forwarding the domain name to a server with an SSL certificate issued for another name. If the common names don't match, this error will continue to appear on browsers. If this is a standard SSL issued for 'w12vpnhost.talentstor.com' then only that domain or 'www.w12vpnhost.talentstor.com' will work with the certificate. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support