cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

SSL wildcard question

Hi,

It says I can use wildcard SSL cert on multiple subdomains and install on many servers my question is the following:

-I own a domain called mywebsite.com

-I own a SSL wildcard certificate

-I have 3 servers at different sites

-I create 3 subdomains:
site1.mywebsite.com
site2.mywebsite.com
site3.mywebsite.com

Can I use/import the same wildcard certificate for all 3 sites and servers into iiS?

Any advice with this would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Chris
3 REPLIES 3
Super User I Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Re: SSL wildcard question

Hey @Concerouk, looking at your post it seems like you are missing setting up your wildcard SSL with the actual wildcard? What you need to do is add an asterisk (*) in the subdomain area. There is great information in the Help topic What is a Wildcard SSL certificate? Hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

New

Re: SSL wildcard question

Hi, I also have a similar issue/question.

Ok, so we've purchased a wildcard SSL from godaddy (*domain.com). Now Godaddy have automatically applied this to the TLD - wordpress site, hosted by GoDaddy.

I've created "some" sub-domains and pointed to our self managed win server, How do I go about applying the certificate to those sub-domains that subsequently point to another server?

Regards, 

New

Wildcard SSL with sub-domains pointing to another server.

Hi,

Ok, so we've purchased a wildcard SSL from godaddy (*domain.com). Now Godaddy have automatically applied this to the TLD - wordpress site, hosted by GoDaddy.

I've created "some" sub-domains and pointed to our self managed win server, How do I go about applying the certificate to those sub-domains that subsequently point to another server?

Regards,