Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
fuzzyrichie
Novice

SSLS.com Certificate - Can't generate CSR

Hey all,

I can't seem to be able to generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) from my web hosting control panel. I've got the Economy Linux Web Hosting and I bought my certificate from ssls.com. Everytime I click "SSL Certificates" within my web hosting control panel I get redirected to "My Products".

Any help would be appreciated Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Richard

10 REPLIES
Pro Community Founder Journeyperson Pro Community Founder Journeyperson
Pro Community Founder Journeyperson

Re: SSLS.com Certificate - Can't generate CSR

@fuzzyrichie,

I took a look at one of the economy linux plans I manage for a customer and couldn't find a way to do it either. I'd recommend contacting tech support. If it can be done they'll tell you how. Sometimes it's not obvious how to do certain things, and tech support has helped me more than once. And if it can't be done, they should be able to generate a csr for you.

Good luck!

Doc

Need some help with WordPress? Check out Site Doctor 911
Worry-Free WordPress Support - So You Can Focus On The Important Stuff
Solution

Hey @fuzzyrichie,

I noticed you mentioned the hosting plan being Economy Linux. If it's an older hosting plan you won't be able to generate a CSR or install a third party SSL to this type of hosting environment. However, you should be able to generate a CSR and install the certificate to our newer cPanel hosting plans using the steps outlined here

Let me know if that helps. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
fuzzyrichie
Novice

Hey CG,

Thanks for the prompt reply!

How old would this hosting plan have to be to not support it? I've only had the hosting up for 2 years at the very most. I don't have a cPanel folder on my hosting either which your link seems to indicate that I might need.

Any way of getting cPanel installed on the host?

I'll be creating a support ticket regardless to deal with the SSL stuff first.

Cheers,

Richard

Hey @fuzzyrichie

Part of what I was trying to clarify, since you mentioned "Economy Linux". Although our current cPanel hosting is on Linux servers, "Economy Linux" is generally a label used on our Classic or Web Hosting plans which is what it sounds like you're on. 

Unfortunately, cPanel can't be installed on Classic/Web hosting plans. The current cPanel plans we offer now use different technology platforms which is part of why they're able to allow third party SSL's for installation. 

vivekSood
Novice

Hi, i am facing the same issue, i have deluxe plan and when i goto web-hosting manager > tools> SSL certificate i redirected to my products page. I also bought the SSL from SSL.com.

Hey @vivekSood,

Glad to have you join us! Smiley Happy

If you're having the same trouble then you're likely on the same Classic/Web Hosting plan that can't be used with third party SSL ceritifcates. Only our current cPanel hosting plans can be used with third party SSL certificates. 

vivekSood
Novice

CG wrote:

Hey @vivekSood,

Glad to have you join us! Smiley Happy

If you're having the same trouble then you're likely on the same Classic/Web Hosting plan that can't be used with third party SSL ceritifcates. Only our current cPanel hosting plans can be used with third party SSL certificates. 

i have deluxe plan and Linux c panel. How can i know if i am using Classic/ web hosting. Is this a way of earning money that in classic/web hosting plan godaddy only support his own SSL certificate. Which is quite expansive. 

elpuas
Novice

I have Ultimate Classic Hosting Linux can you guide me on how to generate a CSR and activate my SSL? i look on your documentation but cannot find where can i do this.

Thanks

3LPU4S Creative Technologist | WordPress Evangelist
dhryasa
Novice

If the classic linux hosting does't support to instal SSL, so what suggestion from you? Is it possible to upgrade to modern linux version?

This issue is very important from us as your costumer, we need to install SSL to some of our domain.

Thank You.

Yan Darma