Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Revite
New

Successfully connected to FTP, but unable to connect to your website - firewall, a plugin or .htacce

Greetings,

I am getting this error while connecting FTP to the auto backup. Does anyone know the solution? Please let me know. "Successfully connected to FTP, but unable to connect to your website - firewall, a plugin or .htaccess settings might be blocking us". 

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

same error I am getting but no such support by go daddy team, in chat all agents telling different things 

JesseW
Community Manager

Hi @Revite and @rameshdesai84. I moved this topic to our SSL and Security board as it seems to be related to our Website and Security backups. The error you're receiving can occur for a few reasons. The most common are an issue with how your firewall is setup, or a configuration issue with your website. The issue can also arise if the FTP user you set up the service with does not have direct access to your website files. Regardless of what's happening, you'll probably want to reach out to the website and security team for help. Take a look at this article which explains how to do that. Hope this helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.