cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer SSL cert to another Godaddy account

HI,

While I can see and transfer domains from 1 Godaddy account to another, I'm unable to see how to transfer SSL Certificates.

Is this possible?

Thanks for any help

Martin

6 REPLIES 6
Rockstar II Rockstar II
Rockstar II

Re: Transfer SSL cert to another Godaddy account

Do you mean transfer as in move the SSL purchase from one account to another or are you saying that you want to rekey a SSL certificate? 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Just to transfer from one account to another.

The SSL certificate and details remain as they are.

Possible?

Rockstar II Rockstar II
Rockstar II

Are both accounts yours? If you have two accounts and your plan is to just have one then it seems like the time to merge them. If you want to merge them but both accounts are yours then where the SSL certificate is doesn't really make a difference.

It is possible to do I'm just trying to make sense out of why you would want to do it.

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

well i have 2 businesses as well as 1 personal Godaddy account

I want to shift the SSL certificate from my personal account to one of the business accounts. 

Better housekeeping as well as transparency to my business partner.

How do I go about doing this?

Rockstar II Rockstar II
Rockstar II

Okay, now that makes sense.

Sounds like you can move the SSL certificate from your personal account to your business account provided it shares a common name with the domain name on the target hosting account (basically keep your SSL and domain together). If the names do not match, you might have to purchase a new SSL certificate.

I should probably also mention that the SSL certificate you want to move should not be tied to a product that you got for free as in "Free SSL for the first year when you buy hosting." I think that there is a way you can do a transfer in you "Manage Certificates" section but I would probably just call support making sure to have both account and PIN numbers ready. Looking at it I see that the pages and options there have changed quite a bit after a refresh of the user interface. I hope that I helped? Sorry for all of the questions. Please reply back and let us know how it all worked out.

Transfer SSL Certificate to Subdomain

Hi I have a standard ssl certificate in my account. I have 2 domains domain.com and accounts.domain.com. The issuer for domain.com is GoDaddy.com, Inc. and the issuer for accounts.domain.com is self-signed. 

How do I transfer the ssl certificate from domain.com to accounts.domain.com since I only need ssl on my subdomain. The problem with having a self signed certificate is it produces a "Your connection is not secured" on the page. 

I also tried changing the domain on my certificate but since the other domain is a subdomain, it does not show up in the list.

Thanks for the help!