Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website blocked at bank

Hi All

I desperately need some help. My website www.sigmarisk.uk is blocked by many banks automatic filtering systems. Checked the reason code at one bank that states "URL Caterory : Webmail" and another bank states "Reason of website being blocked : Web Hosting"

I bought my domain from GoDaddy and website is build in Wordpress. Appears that website is hosted by 'Automattic Inc' 

I shall be very grateful for any assistance.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
JMPepper
Advocate VII

Hi @AamarAhmad ,

Was this site ever hosted on a WordPress.com server?  It looks like there may have been some sort of migration, but I do see a ton of calls and references to wp.com.....  If it was hosted there, it appears you might need to do a database update to point the references to your GoDaddy installation.

Hope this is a starting point.

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

Thank you

We had an old website on the same domain but recently, earlier this week we migrated to WP. The website was not opening at banks previously either, now after migrating to WP the issue is still the same.

A french bank blocks it as "webmail" and another US bank blocks it as "domain category not permitted"

I cannot get my head around as to what can I do to make this website accessible at banks who are my target clients.

Would changing the host work? We just build a full website on WP and ideally I dont want to leave WP and create another website 😞

Hi @AamarAhmad,

Give the content of the why's leading to blocking, hosting is not the likely issue.  It is more likely content review of your site, perhaps automated, that trips flags.  If I were to just make an uneducated guess, the inclusion of "risk" in the domain name itself may trip an AI flag.

I might be inclined to do something like get an account at AHREFS or SEMRush and start looking at how your link and site is perceived by the security reviews,  seo, back links, etc.  I have not actually used this company, but take a look at https://sonicwall.com  for some really serious security/firewall information.

Next, look at your competitors.  What are they doing that allows them to be unrestricted? 

Hopefully this is a starting point for you.

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites