cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

getting SSL to work for www also

I manually uploaded an SSL cert from another host because I am migrating.

my domain is added as mysite.co.uk

I installed the ssl and it says it works but the SSL also work for www.mysite.co.uk

How do I get the cert to work with both the domain mysite.co.uk and www.mysite.co.uk:

The SSL certificate also supports this domain, but this domain does not refer to the SSL website mentioned above:

5 REPLIES 5
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Re: getting SSL to work for www also

Typically when you generate your certificate there is an option to add the www to your protection @qwertyjjj. I don't know where you generated your SSL from but go back and see if there is an option? 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

The cert has the protection. It is godaddy that is not recognizing it when O upload it as per the error message:

The SSL certificate also supports this domain, but this domain does not refer to the SSL website mentioned above:

Super User I

That sounds strange @qwertyjjj are you saying that you can't upload the files? What third party SSL are you using?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

No. The files are uploaded and work. But GoDaddy only recognises one of the domains. It didn't recognise the www even though it says it sees it in the certificate. So how do I set it up for www?
Super User I
Solution

If you've followed the instructions for Manually install an SSL certificate on my cPanel hosting @qqwertyjjj then I really couldn't identify what the issue was? I can say that if your uploaded files contained both the base domain and the WWW then you should be working?

The reason I asked what SSL certificate was because not all certificates are create equal. There could be some limitations for your certificate of perhaps a specific path to a resolution?