Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

validation of domains (SSL certificate)

Hello
I got this message when I open the security certificate
The following services are temporarily unavailable:
Prior validation of domains. You will need to complete validation for all domains that were previously validated using HTML, when rekeying managing a certificate.
Our apologies for the inconvenience.
How can I check and how to get the ID

12 REPLIES 12
Helper V
Helper V

Re: validation of domains (SSL certificate)

@sona If the domain you are requesting an SSL Cert for is on your account there is no need to verify. 

However if your domain is on another godaddy account or registered elsewhere you will need to Verify your certificate request.  To verify the most common Standard SSL - Verify my certificate request (Standard Assurance) you will need to  Verify domain ownership (HTML or DNS)

HTML Page

You will receive an email from us with a unique identifier, which will be in a line of the email like this:

Your unique ID for these methods is [your unique ID].

Using an app like Notepad or TextEdit, create a file named godaddy.html. Inside that document, the only content in it should be your unique ID. For example, if your unique ID was 12345, the content of your godaddy.html file would be:

@oslinux thanks for your reply.

In my case the SSL cert that I am requesting is for the domain which is on my account, so I don't need to verify. However that yellow box with the message still appears there as if I need to verify something.

Why could that be?

I also have this issue. I purchased the domain and the SSL certificate through Go Daddy and I still see the Yellow box with:

• Prior validation of domains. You will need to complete validation for all domains that were previously validated using HTML, when rekeying/managing a certificate.

Is everything is alright? Or is this an ''error''?

Solution

SSL Certificate Domain Validation

Hi,

If anyone else has found the change in process of validating ownership of your domain using DNS TXT as painful as I have, here are a few pointers I wish I knew earlier this week:

• Even if you have customers who are mid-process using the DZC.domainname.com GoDaddy won't honour the previous instructions they set. I've even tried complaining to a support supervisor with no luck, my advise is don't waste your time. Very poor customer service. 
  • The new instructions  advise using @ instead of DZC, this is quite confusing as @ is used as reference to the core domain. I believe a number of DNS systems that don't allow entry of and @ symbol. It would be good if this was explained better in the support article here 
    Domain Access Control Instructions
  • When checking remotely to see if the DNS TXT entry has been entered, don't put the @ in the domain name. I didn't know this and thought that the value hadn't been entered correctly. You can check this easily using a tool such as http://mxtoolbox.com/

All in all, I feel GoDaddy could have handled this in a much better manner. 

Cheers

Mike McMinn

MyHub Intranet Software

Yeah, I got the same issue. My domain and ssl purchased in the same account and SSL was installed successful to my domain. Everything worked fine in any browser but I'm still receive message:

• Prior validation of domains. You will need to complete validation for all domains that were previously validated using HTML, when rekeying/managing a certificate.

and status of SSL is certificate issue. I read the article at https://www.godaddy.com/help/verify-domain-ownership-html-or-dns-7452 but can't find "Your unique ID for these methods is [uniqueID]." and didn't see "Check my update" in SSL manager. 

Highlighted
New

I called support; they said it's appearing on everyone's account, and to not worry about it, just proceed with your SSL tasks.

I have the same issue, and SSL has stopped working in my exchange server.

Anyone was able to solve it ?

Re: SSL Certificate Domain Validation

I use AWS Route 53 for DNS...  do not follow GoDaddy's instructions, leave out the '@' for 'Name' and then verification works.  GoDaddy needs to update their instructions.

New

you save may weeks!

can you please verify it? I have instruction from AWS that name and value of the CNAME record must be added to your DNS database to validate that you control the domain. I have Name: 5352352352.example.com Type: CNAME and Value: _12323232.acm-validations.aws. where can I add these values in GoDaddy? 

I believe the name/value translates to "Host" and "Points to" in the 'Add' menu in Godaddy's UI.

Once you've added the entry you'll see your name/value is listed in the Godaddy Name/Value columns.

You might be thinking 'but these don't map to anything IP related', which is fine.

And you'll have to wait a few hours - for the dns zone transfer - to see if you got it right...

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

There are two options for completing the domain validation request for an SSL Certificate: https://www.godaddy.com/help/verify-domain-ownership-html-or-dns-7452. 

If you're having difficulty completing the validation request using your first choice, please attempt to validate using the alternate method listed in the article above.  If you're having trouble completing the process using both methods, you will need to contact our live support teams so we can investigate why the validation is not able to be completed.  Thank you.