Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ICTJak
New

want to install certificate but I do not have the keystore file

I am new on SSL and Godaddy.

Last week I successfully verified the certificate and now I can download the certificate files. While installing the certificate into tomcat 7 (run on centos 6.9), I realized that I don't have the keystore file.

Should I re-key the certificate? But based on the tutorial, it said that:

"The information in your new CSR must be identical to the information for your existing certificate, i.e. you cannot change the organization's information (although you can change the domain name you're securing). If you need to change your certificate details, you must revoke the certificate in your account, purchase a new SSL credit, and complete the SSL request again."

Honestly I don't know the exact information of the existing certificate and how should i get that information.

Can someone help me on this?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
JesseW
Community Manager

Hi @ICTJak Welcome to GoDaddy Community! To me, it sounds like you wouldn't be changing your info. It seems like you should just be able to re-key the certificate if that's necessary. If nothing else, it's worth a try. Revoking your certificate is permanent. You may also want to take a look at this article about installing an SSL Certificate on Tomcat if you haven't already.  Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.