cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Audreyd425
Novice

Caller ID doesn't show who's calling me

When people call me it just says SmartLine. It doesn't give the contact name (caller id). I need to know who is calling me. I have an iPhone. Is there a setting I'm missing?

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Caller ID

I had the same problem, including with people in my contacts who show up in regular caller ID all the time. All settings/authorizations are correct.  I called and at first was told it was an app download problem, trying to blame my wifi.  After wasting time re-downloading the next time someone checked with supervisor and was told it was a known bug with iOS and they don't know how long it will take to fix. Does anyone here have a workaround? Anyone from GoDaddy customer support here care about their reputation and want to help us out? I am annoyed that before signing up for a year I asked customer service/sales if caller ID works and links to your contacts seamlessly was told it does.  People should be warned about this. 

skinnyguy76
Novice

Hey just wanted to get this out there for others to check. I had ported in a very old phone number to SmartLine a few months back. I had been endlessly frustrated caller ID never worked properly. I couldn't screen my calls! Calls would always come in under my name "and 2 others", never from "SmartLine" and without caller ID. I just figured out why! I had the number I'm using on SmartLine listed in my contacts under my name and two former coworkers. Once I deleted the SmartLine number from ALL CONTACTS, caller ID started showing properly. It appears that if you have your SmartLine number listed in your contacts, the software recognizes it as coming from that contact rather than a SmartLine call. Delete the number in your contacts, and it should work. Hope this helps!

Employee
Employee
Solution

@Audreyd425 @notsosmartline

Thanks for reaching out to us!  Here's a few things you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Make sure you have the latest app version installed (v2.14.1+). SmartLine App > Settings (gear icon) > About

2. Make sure SmartLine notifications are enabled. iPhone Settings > SmartLine > Notifications > Allow Notifications

3. Make sure SmartLine has permission to your Contacts. iPhone Settings > SmartLine > Contacts enabled

4. Logout and log back in

5. Delete "SmartLine" and "SmartLine calls" contacts from iPhone contact list. Uninstall the app and reinstall the app.

6. If you have your SmartLine # saved as a contact, please delete it.  We already save your SmartLine # under the "SmartLine Calls" contact.  Having multiple contacts with your SmartLine # may mess with the Caller ID function.

Please let us know if any of the above solutions work for you or not.

Thanks,

Helen

Mrjtrix
Novice

Is there an option on an iPhone to have our business "SmartLine" number listed as our own contact? Otherwise we loose the ability to share our contact card/info via the phone. Thanks.

Employee
Employee

Hello @Mrjtrix,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

You can add your own contact card with your SmartLine # but it is not recommended.  The app already creates a contact called "SmartLine Call" with your SmartLine number.  If there are duplicate contacts with your SmartLine #, it will mess with how incoming SmartLine calls are displayed.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Helen

Tesllc
Novice

Is there a way for my outgoing call to show up on the customers caller I’d as my company name. It is coming up as random cities in the area and sometimes it says SmartLine on their caller id
Employee
Employee

Hello @Tesllc

Thanks for reaching out to us!

When you make calls with your SmartLine number, the receiver should see your SmartLine # and the associated city/state as the Caller ID.  The city/state is based on the NPA (area code) and NXX (the next three digits).  It shouldn't say SmartLine. If it does, please private message a screenshot or we can do a couple of call tests to confirm.  

Setting your caller ID as your business name is a new feature request that we plan to offer in the future.  We don't have a timeframe that is shareable yet.

Thanks,

Helen

AllEars
Novice

Hi I will be am starting to use my GoDaddy Smartline now for my business's calls and want to know if and how I can add a caller ID indentifier to my out-going calls to customers and potential customers. Is this a current feature of Smartline now?
Employee
Employee

Hello @AllEars

Thanks for reaching out!

The ability to customize the outgoing caller ID to your business name is a popular request.   This is definitely a feature that we know is important to our customers, and we are going to add it.  We don't have a shareable date/timeframe yet.  But we'll keep on you posted here.

Thanks,

Helen

careyr07
Novice

Almost a year and there's still no outgoing caller id for business, I shouldn't have even bothered signing up. Pretty sure I'll be cancelling before the free trial ends.

Crystalbush
Novice

And it’s really annoying that these discussions aren’t dated (atleast on mobile site).
ArtShotwell
Novice

Too bad outgoing Caller ID isn't there yet. Most people don't answer incoming calls with unknown numbers unless there's an ID they recognize and want to take the call.