Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Jerome2
New

Caller id - inbound calls - still not working 5/11/18

I thought I would post and let you know that the caller ID on inbound Services is still not working right as of 5/11/18. I use an iPhone 8 and there is a brief flash of the inbound number as the handshake / notification but then reverts to my own caller Id on the green app so I can’t know who’s calling. The phone calls show up on green screen as if I am calling myself with my caller ID on each business phone call received. I’ve used the app for the last several months. I have to ignore all the phone calls and then just listen to the voicemails which do show the correct inbound number. This is how I have to run my business. Just let all phone calls go to voicemail. This bug and glitch has been around for months since at least February and was posted by another customer also at the time. It’s still not fixed. Thanks.
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Pete_R
Former Employee

Hi @Jerome2,

I'm really sorry to hear about your caller id issue. I can tell how frustrating that must be. Please try the following:

1. Log out of the app (Settings (gear icon) > Logout)
2. Uninstall/delete the SmartLine app from your iPhone (tap and hold the SmartLine app icon until the icon is wiggling and tap on the X option)
3. Delete "SmartLine" and "SmartLine calls" contacts from iPhone contact list.
4. Reinstall the SmartLine app again from the Apple App store.  
5. After logging back in, make sure you allow the Contacts and Notifications permission.  This part will recreate the 2 contacts in step 3.

Please give this a try and let me know it works for you.

Thanks

View solution in original post

@Pete_R

Yes. I just tried this, and it looks like it may work with the delete and reinstall.

I just did test call and so far so good. Thanks.

Just so you know, it worked this way when I first installed the app.

Somehow, it stopped working correctly and I notified customer support

but they were unable to help even with delete and reinstall.

Perhaps, the bugs are now worked out so the delete and reinstall now work.

I will re-post if it stops working again.

Thanks again.

Jerry

2 REPLIES 2
Pete_R
Former Employee

Hi @Jerome2,

I'm really sorry to hear about your caller id issue. I can tell how frustrating that must be. Please try the following:

1. Log out of the app (Settings (gear icon) > Logout)
2. Uninstall/delete the SmartLine app from your iPhone (tap and hold the SmartLine app icon until the icon is wiggling and tap on the X option)
3. Delete "SmartLine" and "SmartLine calls" contacts from iPhone contact list.
4. Reinstall the SmartLine app again from the Apple App store.  
5. After logging back in, make sure you allow the Contacts and Notifications permission.  This part will recreate the 2 contacts in step 3.

Please give this a try and let me know it works for you.

Thanks

@Pete_R

Yes. I just tried this, and it looks like it may work with the delete and reinstall.

I just did test call and so far so good. Thanks.

Just so you know, it worked this way when I first installed the app.

Somehow, it stopped working correctly and I notified customer support

but they were unable to help even with delete and reinstall.

Perhaps, the bugs are now worked out so the delete and reinstall now work.

I will re-post if it stops working again.

Thanks again.

Jerry