Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Rockstar I Rockstar I
Rockstar I

Freedom Voice vs Smartline

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has compared SmartLine to the FreedomVoice offer that GoDaddy just sent out.  Has anyone tried this service yet?   

Thanks,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites
6 REPLIES 6
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Freedom Voice vs Smartline

@JMPepper wrote:

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has compared SmartLine to the FreedomVoice offer that GoDaddy just sent out.  Has anyone tried this service yet?   

Thanks,

James

@JMPepper What was the offer that FreedomVoice offer?

---

Rockstar I Rockstar I
Rockstar I

Hi @justingodfrey,

This is the ad copy that was sent via email.  

Hello JM Pepper,

We believe every small business deserves a solution that thinks big. Choose a toll free, local, or vanity number that's perfect for your business.

Enter your exclusive promo code GD20ADAG at checkout for 20% off service + 30 day free trial.

Gain a professional edge with:

Instant on-line activation and easy set-up

Route your calls with a customized greeting (optional)

Return calls from your mobile phone with your business number as CallerID

Hope this helps,

James

Super User II
Super User II

@JMPepper wrote:

Hi @justingodfrey,

This is the ad copy that was sent via email.  

Hello JM Pepper,

We believe every small business deserves a solution that thinks big. Choose a toll free, local, or vanity number that's perfect for your business.

Enter your exclusive promo code GD20ADAG at checkout for 20% off service + 30 day free trial.

Gain a professional edge with:

Instant on-line activation and easy set-up

Route your calls with a customized greeting (optional)

Return calls from your mobile phone with your business number as CallerID

Hope this helps,

James

@JMPepper Odd that Godaddy would promote a site that competes with its Smartline service although SmartLine is a lot cheaper at $3.99/month while FreedomVoice starts around $10 a month. The only difference I can tell is that FreedomVoice offers toll free numbers, I don't believe Godaddy does.

---

Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi @justingodfrey and @JMPepper,

FreedomVoice actually is a GoDaddy company. While SmartLine is a 2nd phone number app (and yes, you can get a toll free SmartLine number!), FreedomVoice offers other features like an auto attendant, multiple extensions, and desk phones. These features are being considered for future development with SmartLine.

Super User II
Super User II

@Pete_R wrote:

Hi @justingodfrey and @JMPepper,

FreedomVoice actually is a GoDaddy company. While SmartLine is a 2nd phone number app (and yes, you can get a toll free SmartLine number!), FreedomVoice offers other features like an auto attendant, multiple extensions, and desk phones. These features are being considered for future development with SmartLine.

@Pete_R that makes more sense! Thanks for clarifying!

---

Rockstar I Rockstar I
Rockstar I

Most interesting!!  This answer provides the seed for the next question.  I currently use Grasshopper as a virtual routing tool, fax, etc.  Why would I want to switch?  If I had time, I'd write the post.  Perhaps a GoDaddy Garage article comparing the two?  I'll be a hands on evaluator!    I've just installed a complete online answer center that is integrated into slack.  

Doing a bit of reading I came across this article:  PLEASE READ!  Its a really nice comparison of Slack and Grasshopper.

https://comparisons.financesonline.com/grasshopper-vs-slack

Now, I got back to my original question,  how does FreedomVoice fit in with comparing to Grasshopper and integrating into Slack.  Real simple, FreedomVoice integrates with Slack, you won!  Also, consider the GoDaddy Pro Panel has some sort of slack integration (I'm pretty sure -- been doing my brick-and-mortar slack integration)?  If so, its only a logical step to make FV part of the plan.  I have said many, many times as a small business owner, "1-stop shop".  

As odd as it seems, when I saw the notification from ALL of my testing sites in Slack right on my phone, it was pretty cool.  Little bitty business all high-techy and stuff.  Now, imagine being able to get an "urgent request", add to contacts and call out all one an "integrated support line".  1-stop shop! Wishing it will come true!

Anyway, my thought for the day!

James