cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

How can i send photos in text messages?

How can i send photos in text messages..it looks like there is a button to push to be able to access the gallery but its greyed out.. help?

4 REPLIES 4
Product Team
Product Team

Re: no photos in text messages??

Hello @thatdonnyguy

Thanks for reaching out to us!

If you tap on the Gallery icon, there should be a prompt asking for permission to your Photos.  If you allow it, you'll be able to select and send a photo.  When you tap on the Gallery icon, what happens for you?

Thanks,

Helen

I am unable to send photos (size 25k) through text also.

When I embed a photo (size 25k) with a text message, I receive a "Message failed to send" error. 

When I resend the text without the photo; the text message is sent & received.

When I attempt to only send a photo (size 25k), I receive the same error message.

Without the ability to send photos (any size) for my business, I'm not sure I can continue to use this service.

Product Team
Product Team
Solution

Hello @DocNavyGuy 

Thanks for reaching out.

To send messages with photos we're using the technology MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) that has a size limit around 1MB and it also depends on the receiver's carrier as well. MMS is a standard technology that is also used by cell carriers as well.  We do compress files before sending it.  However a 25MB photo may be too large to compress and still retain quality.

Please private message me your SmartLine # and a recent number where it failed to send.  We can confirm the error message we're getting back.

Thanks,

Helen

Looks like it's resolved itself. I am now again able to attach photos with text.

Weird...
Though, I'll PM you the messages where it failed. 

Note: the photos I attempted to send was definitely below 1M