cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

How to delete account and recreate it without being double billed?

I have a new SmartLine account, which I love. However, I need to change the phone number and I have read on the boards that the only way to change the number is to delete the account and sign up again. Since I just paid my monthly bill two days ago, how can I do this without having to pay it again for the same upcoming month?

Or - even better, is there a way to change the number without having to delete my account?

4 REPLIES 4
Employee
Employee

Re: How to delete account and recreate it without being double billed?

Hello @desertmoose9

Thanks for reaching out!

You are correct, to get a new number you'll have to delete the current subscription from your account and re-purchase a new subscription to get a new number.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Helen

Helen,

I first signed up for the unlimited service through iTunes. The app billed me for August on 8/6. I deleted the account on 8/8. I signed up again, this time with the correct area code. I was promised a 30 day trial on the GoDaddy website, so I signed up there instead of iTunes. It did not give me a 30 day trial, it charged me before my new phone number was even activated.

Can you guys refund me the two months or prorate my account?

Thanks,

DM

Employee
Employee
Solution

Hello @desertmoose9,

Deleting the app/account will not automatically cancel your subscription through iTunes. You need to cancel your subscription via App Store to end your subscription by going to your iPhone Settings > iTunes & App Store > Apple ID > View Apple ID > Subscriptions > SmartLine.  For more info: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

The best equipped team to assist you with billing inquiries would be our US based 24/7 customer care team that you can reach via phone at 480-505-8877.

Thanks,

Helen

Thanks Helen!