cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

How to delete account and recreate it without being double billed?

I have a new SmartLine account, which I love. However, I need to change the phone number and I have read on the boards that the only way to change the number is to delete the account and sign up again. Since I just paid my monthly bill two days ago, how can I do this without having to pay it again for the same upcoming month?

Or - even better, is there a way to change the number without having to delete my account?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @desertmoose9,

Deleting the app/account will not automatically cancel your subscription through iTunes. You need to cancel your subscription via App Store to end your subscription by going to your iPhone Settings > iTunes & App Store > Apple ID > View Apple ID > Subscriptions > SmartLine.  For more info: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

The best equipped team to assist you with billing inquiries would be our US based 24/7 customer care team that you can reach via phone at 480-505-8877.

Thanks,

Helen

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Product Team

Hello @desertmoose9

Thanks for reaching out!

You are correct, to get a new number you'll have to delete the current subscription from your account and re-purchase a new subscription to get a new number.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Helen

Helen,

I first signed up for the unlimited service through iTunes. The app billed me for August on 8/6. I deleted the account on 8/8. I signed up again, this time with the correct area code. I was promised a 30 day trial on the GoDaddy website, so I signed up there instead of iTunes. It did not give me a 30 day trial, it charged me before my new phone number was even activated.

Can you guys refund me the two months or prorate my account?

Thanks,

DM

Hello @desertmoose9,

Deleting the app/account will not automatically cancel your subscription through iTunes. You need to cancel your subscription via App Store to end your subscription by going to your iPhone Settings > iTunes & App Store > Apple ID > View Apple ID > Subscriptions > SmartLine.  For more info: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

The best equipped team to assist you with billing inquiries would be our US based 24/7 customer care team that you can reach via phone at 480-505-8877.

Thanks,

Helen

View solution in original post

Thanks Helen!