cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Staragox
New

Multiple Examples of Missing Questions on the Smartline FAQ

I have Autism, Bipolar, and Obsessive Compulsive.   While these things are considered a disability (and I also consider them a disability, since they effectively destroyed my life), they also seem to give me some remarkable abilities.   I tend to notice or find errors, that other people seem to miss.

In the case of the FAQ for the Smartline Service, there are numerous questions that I think are missing in the FAQ:

1) What happens if I lose my cell phone?    Can I instantly transfer it to another cell phone?   In the case of business use of the Smartline Service, I would think this would be the most important question that anyone would ask.   The "what if I lose my cell phone question", and that was not in the FAQ for Smartline.

2) Can I use multiple cell phones with the service?   Have the application installed on different cell phones, as long as only one person uses it, at a time?

3) If I order a particular service plan, can I upgrade the service and keep the same phone number?   For example, if you start out with the $9.99 plan in the 1-800 number then want to eventually switch to the $99.99 plan.   Would you lose your phone number or not?

4) What is the size of the application in megabytes?    So people know if they have enough available space on their phone.

5) If you install another application from a third party that has permission to get your phone number, which phone number does it receive when you install the application?    Does it receive your original phone number, the Smartline phone number, or both numbers?

6) If something happens that an attempt to bill your method of payment on file does not work, then how long before you lose your phone number and all your voicemail messages?   

7) Can you have multiple methods of payment on file, so in the case of question 6 above, if one fails, it will automatically attempt to bill another?

I hope providing this list of questions will help someone, and that's really my goal here.   I'm also trying to finally put this ability I have to use, in different ways (such as writing books) or helping people, and making a positive out of a disability.

Sincerely Yours,

Robert Twardowski

Update:  I just wanted to edit this post and provide an update.   The questions I'm listing above, some of the answers might be easy or hard to get after you already have the service and can see how it works.   But the Smartline FAQ is listed when potential customers are trying to decide whether to purchase or try out the service, and that is where I'm stating that answers to the above questions could be useful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlohaHelen
Product Team

Hello @Staragox

Thanks for reaching out to us!  Here are the responses to your questions.

1) If you lost your cell phone with the SmartLine service on it, we recommend you update your GoDaddy password immediately.  Once you have a new device, you can install the GoDaddy SmartLine app and sign in with your existing credentials.  Your previous data will still be there.

2) You can certainly have 1 SmartLine subscription/number on multiple devices but the product isn't design for this use case yet.  So here are a couple of things to note.

- You can only have it ring ONE phone at a time.  It is the most recent device that you signed in with.  So you'll need to sign out and sign in on the device you want to ring.

- You can view and reply to text messages from all devices.

3) . You can downgrade or upgrade your plan and keep the same number as long as your subscription is active and don't have any over due balance.

4) The sizes are noted here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/smartline-second-phone-number/id1161533637?mt=8 and https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.godaddy.gdm.smartline&hl=en_US

5) If you have given permission to the app to read your phone number, it'll read the device number.

6) After 10 days from a failed billing, we suspend your account and after 20 days you loose the service and number.

7) Yes but we always use the default payment method for auto-billing.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Helen

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AlohaHelen
Product Team

Hello @Staragox

Thanks for reaching out to us!  Here are the responses to your questions.

1) If you lost your cell phone with the SmartLine service on it, we recommend you update your GoDaddy password immediately.  Once you have a new device, you can install the GoDaddy SmartLine app and sign in with your existing credentials.  Your previous data will still be there.

2) You can certainly have 1 SmartLine subscription/number on multiple devices but the product isn't design for this use case yet.  So here are a couple of things to note.

- You can only have it ring ONE phone at a time.  It is the most recent device that you signed in with.  So you'll need to sign out and sign in on the device you want to ring.

- You can view and reply to text messages from all devices.

3) . You can downgrade or upgrade your plan and keep the same number as long as your subscription is active and don't have any over due balance.

4) The sizes are noted here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/smartline-second-phone-number/id1161533637?mt=8 and https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.godaddy.gdm.smartline&hl=en_US

5) If you have given permission to the app to read your phone number, it'll read the device number.

6) After 10 days from a failed billing, we suspend your account and after 20 days you loose the service and number.

7) Yes but we always use the default payment method for auto-billing.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Helen

View solution in original post