cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Multiple SmartLine numbers to one cell phone?

Hello there,

Is it possible to have multiple SmartLine numbers pointing to one cell phone? In my case, it's for two different types of clientele.

Thank you,

TG

4 REPLIES 4
Employee
Employee

Re: Multiple SmartLine numbers to one cell phone?

Hello @Telaga,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

We currently do allow you purchase additional SmartLine numbers under the same account.  However, the current product is designed for a single user, single number and single device experience.  So, the experience for multiple numbers under the same account on the app won’t be ideal and has limitations such as:

• No centralized view to see all activity for all numbers.  You’ll have to switch numbers in the app to see a specific number’s activity
  • For incoming calls, you cannot tell which number the call is for
  • To make outbound calls from a specific number, you’ll need to switch to the number in the app

We do have plans in the future to provide a better experience for your situation but we don’t have a timeframe yet.  If you don't mind sharing with us, are the 2 different types of clients for different businesses or the same business?

Thanks,

Helen

New

Re: Multiple SmartLine numbers to one cell phone?

Hello Helen,

Thank you for the clarification. 

To answer your question, the clientele are for two different types of businesses. I look forward to SmartLine having the capability to handle that without issues and will be keeping an eye out for the updates.

Regards,

TG

New

Re: Multiple SmartLine numbers to one cell phone? / Transcribed voicemail messages / Call quality

@AlohaHelen

I too am waiting for SmartLine to allow multiple numbers on one cell phone. For me, I have clients in two states and it gives them peace of mind to be able to call a "local" number. This is why I purchased two Smartline numbers but I cannot simultaneously use them. Luckily, at this point in time one of the numbers is used far more often, but I will need the other number to be useable in the coming months in order for me to successfully use it... and it's important because I'm implementing these numbers on all my marketing/branding materials for my company.

Please look into this and find a solution asap - it would help a ton!

Also, when I switch between my two SL numbers, (I have to log out and log back in) my email address used for getting the transcribed voicemail messages gets eliminated every time. I have this setting on so that when I'm not logged into the less-used number I will at least get a transcription email that notifies me that someone tried to call. If SmartLine keeps eliminating my email address from the settings then this really hurts the functionality of the app for me. Please help!

Also, will you ever be able to offer better call quality? SmartLine is significantly "fuzzy" and sounds unprofessional to my clients. I understand this is a budget-friendly solution, but even with new business owners it's important to portray professional and streamlined technology solutions.

One more thing, when I am on job sites that have not-so-good cell reception and most often no wifi, will SmartLine not work? I can't tell for sure, but I fear I have missed some important client calls while in these types of situations and in my business it's paramount to be accessible by phone.

Please advise, thank you in advance.

Employee
Employee
Solution

Re: Multiple SmartLine numbers to one cell phone? / Transcribed voicemail messages / Call quality

Hello @Glow

Thanks for reaching out to us!

1.  Do you have the 2 SmartLine numbers under 1 account? If so, you can switch between numbers within the app without having to sign out and sign back in.  Go to SmartLine app > Settings (gear icon) > My SmartLine number > select the number you want to switch to.

2. After you enter your email, did you tap on the "Back" button at the top left?  That acts as the save button.  If so, when you return to the Email Notifications settings, the email disappears?  Do you have the latest version of the app installed, which is v3.5.2?

3. Cellular service is required to make/receive SmartLine calls and data/wifi is required for general use of the app such as loading your conversation data, getting text messages and configuring your Settings. So the quality of SmartLine calls will depend on your cell reception.  Wifi calling is on our horizon and will be supported in the future.  If you like we can do some test calls with you to investigate the fuzziness of calls. Please send me a private message with your SmartLine number.

We look forward to connecting with you!

Thanks,

Helen