cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

No picture messaging or MMS?!?!

It's 2017. People send images to customers from their personal cell phones ALL the time. Why? Because business phone services don't think it's important to have pictures/voice (walkie-talkie)/video messaging services available. Until you guys have this you aren't serious about this product & that's sad. You even rolled it out WITHOUT text messaging for EVERYONE & even then THAT doesn't even work half the time. C'mon guys, looks like you need a need COO for projects like this because the is piss poor, give me a call about that, you have the number. Ridiculousness!
15 REPLIES 15
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: No picture messaging or MMS?!?!

Hi there @SheCritiquesIt,

Thanks for the feedback! The good news is that we should be rolling this out very soon so stay tuned. Not sure if you're aware, but it's a new product and we'll continue to add new features. Take care!

Rachel

I just found out that when someone added me to their group text message, all my texts are separated by sender. Is there a way to do group messaging?

I just noticed that too. No group texting is kind of a deal breaker. Any plans for this feature to be added?

Employee
Employee

@DavidWillClose @mostlychris

Group messaging is on our radar and we plan to offer it sometime in 2018.  I wish I could better give you a better timeline.   But what could really help us if you could explain to us why Group Messaging is crucial to your business and how are you using Group Messaging from a business perspective?  Do you use it to run marketing campaigns?  Do you expect everyone in the group thread to be able to respond to each other or only to you?

Thanks,

Helen

I'm in real estate and work with a team and we often need to communicate with the whole team. I also have the need to communicate with lenders, escrow agents and clients on the same threads. Right now I've been telling my co-workers to use my personal number for group messaging if they want me to reply. I probably wouldn't have gone with this service if I had known about the lack of group message, but I already have all my marketing done with this phone number.

Employee
Employee

@DavidWillClose

Thank you for sharing your use of Group Messaging with us. I apologize for any confusion. We'll keep you updated with the progress of Group Messaging availability.

Group texting and imaging is bottom line one of THE MOST IMPORTANT features needed for a phone app.  When I read that texting was available, I assumed ALL aspects of text messaging was available.  Group texts are the best way to stay current with management and team leaders in multiple locations.  No one stops working to read an email.  Text messaging is understood as immediate response needed.  Right now, it looks like I am back in the hunt for a new phone app. 

Employee
Employee

@sherryindallas

We do currently have photo MMS. Group texting is on our radar and we plan to offer it sometime this year, but we're just getting started on understanding what our customers need from group texting. Would you expect each team to be in a group and be able to see each other's texts? We'd love to hear more about how group text helps you be awesome at what you do so we can build the right thing.

Thanks,

Danielle

So. I need to be able to just start typing the name of the contact and be able to choose the correct one. I need to be able to send to as many contacts at one time as possible (current limit is 10). I need to be able to send as a group (all can see and respond to all) OR send to ALL (10 or more) separately. Need to be able to compose the message and store for a later time (can't send at 430am - bit maybe that is when I compose it).

You should find someone with an Android or I-phone and a major carrier on a new phone (Samsung S7 or S8 - Iphone X, etc..) and run that messaging..Seems lime a no brainer to me. Thanks
New

With the end of the first quarter of 2018 rapidly approaching- any update when MMS will be available? I agree with other commenters, this is a crucial tool for business!

Employee
Employee

Hi @ac007,

Thanks for the question. We do currently have photo MMS available. Make sure you are using the most up-to-date version of the SmartLine app. We do have group texting in the roadmap, but unfortunately I don't have an ETA as of yet. We will update the Community as soon as we have a more definitive timeline to share.

After reading all these notes, I'm done.  No sense even bothering with this cluster ... mess. It's a regular phone number, it CAN do anything our existing numbers do IF it's paid for, right?  SmartLine and GoDaddy are not going to pay for things like MMS and group anything if they do not have to, and they won't -- they'll raise the price of the line. It'll STILL be cheaper than if you got a phone with dual SIM cards.  Or, would it? I have a phone that has two numbers but only because I pay for the services. Two numbers, one phone, two carriers even!   AT&T (unoltd txt, talk, data ) and GCI (mostly local, some LD, some data).  Just gotta have the right phone, I guess.  But it does cost more too.   What do you REALLY need for your business? If it's a big enough business to require meetings of more than 3 people, maybe 4 -- get a boardroom or a  standalone biz service. Otherwise, talking and texting, with good data/image transfers possible without costing more. Think I'll stick to my landline, fax and solo android with two lines. :-) Cost me a whopping $10 more per month. I can live with that. 

New

It’s 2019. Still no ability to send photos.

Here's a hack. "Share" your image with Smartline and it will put it in a new text. Type in the number and you've sent an image. Now, if we could just send to multiple recipients, this thing would be useful! Smiley Happy

Employee
Employee
Solution

Hello @shawns 

Thanks for reaching out.

The ability to send photos via the app has been available for awhile now.  When you compose a new message or open an existing conversation with a contact, there's a gallery icon on the bottom left that you'll need to tap on.  It'll prompt you for your photos permission, allow that permission and then it'll open your device gallery to select a photo.

Please note that sending photos is available on local numbers, not Toll-Free numbers.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Helen