cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outbound Caller ID Name CNAM

Are there any plans for providing outbound caller id name (CNAM)?  Most of the people I call including me won't answer a call unless it shows a name they're familiar with. I'm currently using Line2 that provides this service along with text messaging but would prefer having all my services with GoDaddy.  

17 REPLIES 17
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Outbound Caller ID Name CNAM

I'm not aware of any such feature being implemented at this time, but I'll be happy to forward your suggestion on to our developers for consideration.  Thanks!

MPC

New

This would be nice. The original post is correct. We should be able to setup a name so people know who is calling them or they wont pickup. This has made the app somewhat useless and I may cancel it.

Hi,

I too would like to add that for business purposes having your name on the Outbound Caller ID is a necessity. I am now seriously considering cancelling my plan after I called my home phone and noticed that it does not have my name or business name associated with the number.

Thanks

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @tech01@renvest and @RobVitale

Just so you know, this feature is planned for a future release. However, we currently do not have an ETA for the feature yet. Thanks!

Rachel

I can't tell how old this post is. Any update on getting outgoing caller ID? I use GoDaddy for everything so I was excited about the SmartLine addition, but my business must have caller ID. 🙁

They should create a service where you can buy or rent thr number and be able to register it as a business phone line so your able to then verify it with a ligimate calling ID from that person's business. Seams right to offer an make this service more appealing to those looking for a professional business number they can use if they don't need to pay for a actual landline one. . .

My ID says "Business Caller," which nobody will pickup.  As a representation of my business, it looks sketchy and unprofessional.  Translation: having "Business Caller" instead of my chosen name works *against* me and harms (as opposed to helps) my business.  

Also, I need to be able to access it on WiFi.  VerizonWireless is my provider, and they provide WiFi calling/texting because their cellular network is not available everywhere.  What is being done about this?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @CSwords,

Thanks for checking back in! Still no ETA but as I mentioned before, we still plan on this feature for the future. 

Rachel

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the suggestion @DarxSolutions! I'll pass it on to the team. 

Rachel

No date in these messages. What is the eta of calet name ID? It's definitely a deal breaker to look like a potential scammer and the caller ID photo, what's up with changing that?

I understand that this is being worked on but I also felt that I should chime in, as well. As a new customer of the SmartLine product, I hope they can get this feature implemented shortly as I'll need to change providers soon if not. My customers will be with the many others not answering a call from a generic "Business Caller."

Thank you!

New

My smart line gives a CNAM of "United Arab Em" when I place calls. Ridiculous and misleading! Will have to cancel service and port number to a service than can provision CNAM. You gotta figure this out GoDaddy!

This is an important feature and should be a priority. Was looking at SmartLine too, but without this feature, it’s useless for a business!

So I cancelled my smartline today.  I just can not get around that "no caller id" thing.  I hope they fix it soon because I to have many accounts and services with godaddy for many years now.  I'd like to someday use this feature, if they can fix that.

Product Team
Product Team

@RobVitale @tech01 @renvest @CSwords @DarxSolutions @Bacustomz @klevrgrafix @OBXGyrene @ROZKIDS51

Thank you everyone for sharing your feedback with us and suggesting a feature.  We totally agree that 

people are more likely to answer your calls if they know who you are.  It is on our radar and we plan to offer this feature sometime in 2018.  We don't have an exact ETA yet but will provide an update here once we have more information.

To clarify, when you make an outbound SmartLine call, on the receiver's end it should show your actual number and not "Business Call".  If that is not the case, private message me and we'll help you out.

Thanks,

Helen

Product Team
Product Team

@C2VD

Please send me a private message with your username and SmartLine #.  We'll take a look at your account and see what we can do.

Thanks,

Helen

Product Team
Product Team

@darrenp

We plan to offer VOIP calling sometime in 2018.  We don't have an exact date yet.  But you can send/receive text messages with just a data/wifi connection. 

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Helen