cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Port

Does SmartLine support number portability? Can I Port a number in or out?
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Port

Hi @Jpg,

Thank you for posting. At this time we do not support number portability. To learn more about smart line take a look at this article.

Lisi - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
New

Any plans to add number porting? I'd love to use smart line instead of my current VoIP service but too many clients already have my number so getting a new one is not an option.
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jk301 wrote:
Any plans to add number porting? I'd love to use smart line instead of my current VoIP service but too many clients already have my number so getting a new one is not an option.

Hey @jk301,
Good news! You can now transfer ('port') your current number to SmartLine when you agree to purchase a one-year or longer SmartLine plan. Hope this helps!

Rachel

New

Can I port out a SmartLine number if I decide I do not want to be a GoDaddy customer but I want to keep my number ?
New

I would like to know if this is possible too.  I have been in Business for 5 months and can't change my business number....I would like to transfer this number out to another provider with better service and features

Rachel: I tried to port my number and was told that it was only available for the UNLIMITED yearly plan. What gives? I only need the basic plan.
Employee
Employee
Solution

@Jpg @jk301 @Ctasik @Rodger

Yes, you can port an existing business number over to SmartLine.  You'll need to agree to a 1 year service plan.  To get started give us a call at: 480-463-8715

We don't hold your numbers hostage, so you can port out to a different service provider.  The new provider would need to initiate the port out request on your behalf.  

If you have any additional questions, please let me know.

Thanks,

Helen

Employee
Employee

@OBXGyrene

Unfortunately all port in requests require a 1 year service on the Unlimited Plan.  But I'll share your feedback with the team for future consideration.  If you don't mind sharing with us, what is your reason behind not wanting the unlimited plan?  Is the price point to too high or you don't plan to use that many minutes?

Thanks,

Helen 

Helen: I’ll be glad to share. This number is for a non-profit veteran’s organization, the Marine Corps League Outer Banks Detachment. We are very cost-conscious. We only really use the number for people to call us and leave a voicemail message. Thirty minutes of airtime per month is more than enough for us. We currently use Tracphone to do what we need as we really don’t use minutes. We simply retrieve the message and call back using our personal phone. That’s fine for use because we are dealing with fellow Marines. Also, since SmartLine doesn’t identify us to the recipient of our calls, I doubt that there would be any benefit in using the SmartLine number over our personal number. Tracphone’s annual cost for us is about $64. Switching to SmartLine would simply mean we could get rid of the second phone and I could just carry my personal phone. I think GoDaddy is really swell. I have numerous domains registered through you, and you host my detachment’s website also. Spending $100 per year doesn’t make sense when we have the service through Tracphone for $35 less. It doesn’t sound like a lot of money, but I am committed to make every single dollar stretch—for $35 I can buy two more kids toys for Christmas for our Toys for Tots Program. Feel free to pass this on to Bob Parsons. Being a Marine too, he’ll understand.
Employee
Employee

Hello @OBXGyrene

Thank you for sharing with us!  What a wonderful organization you're running! Smiley Happy 

I am curious though, after retrieving the voicemail, why do you call back using your personal number and not the Tracphone number? Is viewing all your call data and messages for your organization in a centralized place important for you?

Thanks,

Helen

I don’t use the Tracphone number to call back in order to save minutes. I bought the Tracphone two years ago, and have only used about 30 minutes of their airtime. Using my personal phone saves us from having to buy airtime minutes and spend money unnecessarily. My only considerations are maintaining a phone number to the organization that is used on marketing material throughout our community and having the ability to gather and retrieve voice-mail for the least cost.