cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

SmartLine Email Notifications

My Smart-line app version 3.3.0 has a feature under settings called "Email Notifications" you can toggle the option on and ad an email.

"New Voicemails can be sent to your email with a transcription and a link to the message."

This feature does not seem to work. I just called tech support and they were not even aware of the feature. Is this something in the works or something that was dropped but not removed from the app?

IMG_8542.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @kat5

Thank you for your patience. We have a fix for this issue and we'll release an update for it next week.  Please keep an eye out for the update or make sure you have Automatic Download turned on for Apps for your iTunes account.

As a work around you can setup it on the web app.

1. Sign in at www.godaddy.com
  2. Go to MY PRODUCT
  3. Click on the MANAGE button for SmartLine
  4. Go to the VOICEMAIL section
  5. Add your email there
  6. Restart the SmartLine app (quickly double tap the home button and swipe away the SmartLine app)
  7. Launch the SmartLine app and verify the email is there

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Helen

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Product Team

@Mrjtrix

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Can you explain exactly what is not working? Are you able to enter an email but it won't save? Or it saves but you're not getting the email notifications.  Please send us the details to SmartLineiOS@godaddy.com

Thanks,

Helen

Hi.  I understood exactly what that questioner meant because I have the same issue.

1.  It SAYS  I can sign up to have new voicemails delivered to Email with a transcription and a link to listen to the message.  Deliver Voicemails to Email is clicked ON.

Then It asks for email address.

But there is no SAVE button as the video indicates.  It doesn't save the email address.  When I come back, there's no email address.  I would like this feature to work, please.  

2.  Also:  The REAL reason I'm even looking this far is because there are two red indicators on my homescreen icon.  (A red dot with "2" on the SmartLine Icon.  But I cannot get to the messages, missed calls, or whatever the icon indicator is indicating!  And the red indicator stays on...

Thank you for helping with these 2 issues.

Yes, it will not save my email for email notifications because there is no SAVE button.

As I explained previously, I can type in the email address box but it doesn't save and there is NO save button.  No buttons at all.  Thank you.

Hello @kat5

Thanks for reaching out to us!

After you enter your email, did you tap on the "Back" button at the top left?  That acts as the save button.  If so, when you return to the Email Notifications settings, the email disappears?  Do you have the latest version of the app installed, which is v3.5.2?

Thanks,

Helen

I have no way to know which version I have.  I installed it within the last 3 weeks.  I don't see the version?  Yes, I tap 'back' and my email disappears.

Yes I do have 3.5.2

Hello @kat5

Thank you for your patience. We have a fix for this issue and we'll release an update for it next week.  Please keep an eye out for the update or make sure you have Automatic Download turned on for Apps for your iTunes account.

As a work around you can setup it on the web app.

1. Sign in at www.godaddy.com
  2. Go to MY PRODUCT
  3. Click on the MANAGE button for SmartLine
  4. Go to the VOICEMAIL section
  5. Add your email there
  6. Restart the SmartLine app (quickly double tap the home button and swipe away the SmartLine app)
  7. Launch the SmartLine app and verify the email is there

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Helen

View solution in original post

Hello , I have about 30 different email addresses and I did not buy my godaddy SmartLine via my go daddy account but instead via my Apple iTunes account , I got a new iPhone and when I transfered the SIM card my godaddy SmartLine acccount did not transfer, im still receiving calls to my phone, but can’t access texts or remember my user name or password, I’ve tried guessing several times and send many email requests to get help via online with no success, please help! Thank you

Hello @Helpplease20992

Thanks for reaching out to us.

The best equipped team to assist you with account access would be our 24/7 customer care team that you can reach via phone at 480-505-8877.

Thanks,

Helen

Why would you log out? I bought this particular TOLL free 800 number for my company cellphone and I had issues getting logged in the first time I just never logged out. It's purpose is to end on someone's cell phone 24/7 365 for business emergencies.
Ringleader2018