cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartLine Port Failure

Port-out from SmartLine to another carrier failing
Hello,

After multiple attempts with two different carriers and 10+ calls to support, I'm posting here hoping someone can help.

I've been trying to port my number from SmartLine to another carrier, and despite following all direction provided by GoDaddy, the port request from the new carrier repeatedly gets rejected for unmatched subscriber information. I've confirmed my information on file with GoDaddy, but no combination of information will get it to go through. I've tried to port to both Sprint (BoostMobile) and AT&T. Here are the steps I've taken:

-I've emailed GoDaddy that I was porting my number out, and I received an email back stating that my number is unlocked and available to port out.. 
-Notified new carrier that port must be processed as a manual (wireline) port
-provided GoDaddy Customer Number as account number, name & address exactly as printed on GoDaddy invoice, and GoDaddy account PIN

I've confirmed with support that the information I'm giving matches what's in GoDaddy's system, I've paid several bills, I'm not under contract, and my account is current.

I've even tried the following steps in desperation:

-using SmartLine number as account number instead of customer number
-appealing directly to bandwidth.com (the source of the numbers GoDaddy resells for SmartLine)

Customer support is (sorry to say) absolutely useless, and won't do anything except provide the same info over and over, with no option to escalate to anyone else. If anyone has successfully ported a number FROM SmartLine TO another carrier, I would really appreciate details on what was done for the port to go through.

Additionally, if anyone from GoDaddy that can do anything other than read me the following requirements from your support document, I would very much appreciate you reaching out to me:

"This has been going on for 5 days... Extremely Unacceptable"
I would NOT refer Smartline to Nobody!!!
Thanks
20 REPLIES 20
Employee
Employee

Re: SmartLine Port Failure

Hello @markeyaw2018

Sorry to hear that your port out experience has been difficult.  Usually when your number is unlocked for port outs, it should be fairly easy for the new carrier to obtain the number. We have people port to those carriers without issues literally multiple times a day. So what you're experiencing is extremely odd. We don't require any additional verification.  It appears the new carrier is requiring the additional info and rejecting themselves.  

We want to help you get back in business and get this all sorted out as quickly as possible.  Please private message me your SmartLine number and someone from the porting team will be in touch with you.

Thanks,

Helen

I am having the same problem. How was this ever resolved. I’ve been going back and forth for weeks at this point. It’s extremely frustrating.
Employee
Employee

Hello @neecydv5 

To port out simply send an email to numberunlock@godaddy.com from the email associated with your GoDaddy SmartLine account.  The email you're sending it from will need to match what is on file with us for security reasons.

Once your info has been verified you'll receive an email confirmation that the number is unlocked.  You will have 30 days to port out.  We don't require any additional verification with the new carrier to port out.

Are you having problems with getting the number unlocked with us or the new carrier having trouble?

Thanks,

Helen

Re: SmartLine Port Failure/?isc=gdcommment

I was able to unlock the number without any problem but the other carrier is stating that you all are rejecting the port because the account number isn’t matching.

Denice Vance, MS, RD, LD, CLC
New

I have had the same issues. I followed the steps, forwarded my email from GoDaddy stating the request is complete. My carrier keeps saying it was rejected due to incorrect information. I sent the same information as noted in my profile. It's been 3 weeks since the request from my carrier was initiated. They submitted the request 6 times with the correct information and STILL receiving errors. With more than 8 calls and 6 total talk hours trying to resolve this I am disgusted with the lack of su
Employee
Employee

Hello @Msmkay 

Sorry to hear you're having trouble porting out.  Once your number is unlocked with us, we do not require any additional information or verification.  I think the new carrier is self rejecting itself.  

Please private message me with your SmartLine # and we'll see what we can do from our end.

Thanks,

Helen

New

Our smartline number is 8082129991. We have tried at least 10 different
times to switch over number. We have called GoDaddy reps to review
information on account and request and nothing has changed.

Please assist ASAP

My issue was finally resolved (yay!). I believe the transferring provider was requesting the port from the wrong carrier. Make sure they are requesting the port from FreedomVoice/SmartLine and not whoever is assigned to your number in whatever registry they have. It may not have the most current information. In my case, my number was assigned under MCI in the registry which was incorrect. After we figure that out, the number transferred immediately.
Employee
Employee

Hello @Msmkay 

I've sent you an email to the address associated with your GoDaddy account.

Please check it for further details and respond there.

Thanks,

Helen

what service provider where you porting your number too?

New

T-MOBILE

this is extremely frustrating, i have been trying for approx. 5 days straight to get this matter resolved. I have given them all the info that i see has been giving to everyone else on this thread. I wonder if it is the service provider because the representative claims she didn't see FreedomVoice / Smartline as a service provider on her list.

It took me over a month to resolve the porting issue. It took me having both companies on the phone together to get to the bottom of it. Find out the specific reason the port is being rejected.
Employee
Employee

Hello @dcochran1 

We're sorry to hear you're having trouble porting out.  

Some carriers have a different process for non-cell phone numbers.  So it is important that they understand that your SmartLine number is a VOIP number and not a cellular number when they submit the request.  If you received specific instructions from us regarding what information to submit, the new carrier must submit the info exactly in the email and only that info when requesting your phone number.

If you're still having trouble, please private message me your SmartLine number and we'll see what we can do to clear things up.

Thanks,

Helen

New

@AlohaHelen I am also still waiting for my Smartline to be ported over. My new carrier has been rejected over 10 times and we are going into the 5th week of getting this done. In the mean time I have missed business calls and been charged from both carriers. I messaged several people and asked for a specific number to call and none have been provided. I do not recommend this service to anyone!

Employee
Employee

Hello @Msmkay 

My understanding is that your port out issue has been resolved.  Is that not the case?

Thanks,

Helen

New

Re: SmartLine Port Failure/?isc=gdcommment/?isc=gdcommment

It wasn't the case. We tried to have another 3 way conversation with a
number porting representative but it was unsuccessful. We keep getting an
error message stating the account number is invalid. We reviewed all of
the information submitted with the Go Daddy representative and it was
correct.

I am unsure how to proceed. The representative stated there isn't any
human available to speak to from the porting "out" department, everything
has to be done by email. I don't believe that is possible because we are
in an IMpossible situation right now. Window has also closed on porting
the number. For us not to resolve this issue within a month is
unacceptable and the fact that I can't have a human physically resolve the
issue is even MORE frustrating.
Employee
Employee

Hello @Msmkay 

Sorry to hear that you're still having issues porting out.  I would be frustrated too.

For security purposes, you'll need to request your number to be unlocked again.  Send an email to numberunlock@godaddy.com from the email associated with your GoDaddy SmartLine account.  Once you receive email confirmation that the number is unlocked, you can have T-Mobile try again.

The email also contains important information that T-Mobile needs to submit. If T-Mobile submits any information other than what is stated in the email, or additional info, it is likely that the current carrier will reject the port. 

If the information is indeed submitted correctly and still getting rejected, it is probably due to T-mobile submitting the request to the wrong carrier.  GoDaddy is a service provider but is not the carrier of your phone number. T-Mobile should be submitting the port request to the current carrier of your number which they should be able to look up.

I will have a customer care rep reach out to you for further assistance.

Thanks,

Helen

I've been trying for over a month to have my Smart Line number ported to Vonage and I've had the same issue as others have stated here.  First, I was told that the account address was incorrect although I used the address given to me by GoDaddy.  Then, GoDaddy told me that they gave me the wrong address and I corrected it.  My request got rejected again.  I even tried calling MCI and they hung up on me.  Now Vonage is telling me that GoDaddy won't allow my number to be ported due another pending request to port the number to another carrier on 9/2.  I've only made a request for it to be ported to Vonage so I'm not sure what is happening.  

My marketing plans have been on hold for a month and I'm not sure if GoDaddy just doesn't want me to port the number.  This process seemed simple but I'm left frustrated and confused. 

Employee
Employee

Hello @thedamon22 

Sorry to hear that your port out experience has been difficult.   If Vonage submits any additional information other than what is stated in the email, it is likely that the current carrier will reject the port. 

Please private message me your SmartLine number and we'll see what we can do to clear things up.

Thanks,

Helen