Here is a solution to the SmartLine App not displaying contacts that are stored in the local Android Contacts App.
It took me an entire day to find the cause and controlling setting. Working with a great tech support person from GoDaddy helped me narrow down the issue, thanks and kudos to Brad for working the problem with me.
1. Select the Android Contacts App
2. Select the (...) Settings Menu
3. Select Settings > Contacts to Display option
4. Change Contacts to Display selection to just Phone Contacts, locally stored phone-only contacts
5. Only the locally stored / phone-only contacts are visible inside SmartLine Contacts
6. Change Contacts to Display selection to just Gmail Contacts
7. Only the Gmail stored contacts are visible inside SmartLine Contacts.
(In this case zero, the lack of contacts caused great confusion until this setting was figured out. Thinking the SmartLine app was not reading any contacts from the Android phone correctly.)
8. Change Contacts to Display selection to All Contacts
9. All contacts are visible inside SmartLine Contacts
(Phone-only, Gmail, Office 365 Exhange synced)
Solved! Go to Solution.
Thank you so you much for your sharing your experience with everyone. It is a nice detailed write up of the problem and solution.
We appreciate your help in contributing to the SmartLine forum!
You are most welcome.
The screenshot photo images, though uploaded and showing as being "public" are only showing up as yellow & black triangles, when you are not logged into your GoDaddy account.
Do you as forum admin have to approve their display to the public before everyone can see them? If not then I am not sure how to fix for public display. When editing the message I see the screenshots but not when logged out.
Thanks for the help.