cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Text Messages Not Sending or Receiving - No Error

Has anyone else had and been able to resolve a problem of the app not delivering or receiving sms messages. There is no error and it looks like it has been sent, but the other numbers do not receive the texts and texts do not show up when sent from other numbers to my Smartline? I've contacted GoDaddy support directly, but they did not see any issues. I have also done the following:

Restarted the phone

Uninstalled and Reinstalled the App

Enabled and Disabled Do Not Disturb

Gave the app permissions to folders

Cleared cache and data

Called my carrier (AT&T)

Installed the app on a different phone

Pointed the phone toward Danica Patrick while throwing salt over my left shoulder.

I have ran out of things to try. Regular text messaging and calls work fine on my phone. Calls work fine through SmartLine, but nothing for texts.  The phones are both running Android 7.0 one on Kernel 3.10.84 and one on 4.1.18

Any solutions?

15 REPLIES 15
Employee
Employee

Re: Text Messages Not Sending or Receiving - No Error

@old3

Thanks for reaching out to us!

We all wish that Danica Patrick was the solution to everything. Smiley Happy

What you're experiencing is certainly not normal and very odd. Please send me a PM with your SmartLine number and we'll look into your account.

Thanks,

Helen

New

Helen was able to help me where the phone support was not, but I did try the phone support first.

I can make calls as well but cannot
Receive texts. They submitted a ticket but still nothing. So frustrated. This is my business phone.
Employee
Employee

Hi @mltgo1486,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Please send me a PM with your SmartLine number and we'll look into your account.

Fix it out in the open Helen. I'm having the same problem.
Employee
Employee

Hello @Blessedessence8

Please private message me your SmartLine number and we can look into your account.

Thanks,

Helen

I'm able to receive texts but not respond.
Employee
Employee

Hello @Jerseygirl

Are you trying to respond to an international number?  If so, we only support texting with US numbers.  If not, please send me a private message with your SmartLine # and an example where you can't respond back (date/time & recipient's number).

Thanks,

Helen

You know it is a Toronto number, I had no idea. Thanks

New

Helen,

If you're out there and know this fix please help me.  I run my business through this app and receiving and sending text doesnt work.  GoDaddy is no help at all.  Im about 5 hours into them not helping.

Employee
Employee

Hello @EthanG

Thanks for reaching out.

Please send me a private message with your SmartLine # and we can look into your account.

Thanks,

Helen

I got my number ported over today and setup.  I can send text messages but can not receive messages.  Also having issues with caller id for incoming calls.  Thanks, John

Employee
Employee

Hello @cmujohn

Thanks for reaching out!

Please send me a private message with your SmartLine # and we can look into your account.  Or for immediate assistance please contact our 24/7 customer care team that you can reach via phone at 480-505-8877.

Thanks,

Helen

Hello Helen,

I am having the same problem.

Can you assist me with this?

Employee
Employee
Solution

@peanut000 Sorry to hear you're having issues.  Here's a Help article that has some troubleshooting suggestions: https://www.godaddy.com/help/troubleshoot-text-messages-28002

If you're still having issues, please direct message me with your SmartLine number.

Thanks,

Kim