cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager

"AMA"-Ask Me Anything With Smartline Team--Thursday, March 22nd, 2PM-3PM PT

Please join the GoDaddy Smartline team for a chat on Thursday, March 22nd, 2PM-3PM PT. You'll have the opportunity to meet some of our team and ask them questions about our Smartline product.

Here's how it'll work:

1. You can add to this post for our team to answer through the end of the day on Wednesday, March 21st.

2. The team will address your questions for one hour.

3. After the AMA is finished, the Smartline AMA post will be closed to additional questions.

4. If you can't join the AMA, no problem. You'll be able to read all of the questions and answers that were posted after the session is over.

5. Mark your calendars. Meet our great group of Smartline team members and hear more about our Smartline product. 

Hope to see you there!!

Rachel

RachelM - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
37 REPLIES 37
Getting Started

Outbound Caller ID Name CNAM. Is this on your radar? It should show the business name because customers are more likely to answer your call then from an unknown number.

Thanks

Former Employee

@tech01 wrote:

Outbound Caller ID Name CNAM. Is this on your radar? It should show the business name because customers are more likely to answer your call then from an unknown number.

Thanks

@tech01  Great feature suggestion! Customers are certainly more likely to answer your calls when they know who's calling - and it's not a spammer.  We definitely have this on our radar, and we'll let you know when it's available!  Thanks!

Helper II

I'm a small business owner and have 3 employees. I'm wondering if we can use Smartline and share our business number between the four of us. Thanks!

@RebeccaMwrote:

I'm a small business owner and have 3 employees. I'm wondering if we can use Smartline and share our business number between the four of us. Thanks!

The current product is designed for a single user, single number and single device experience. With that said, it is possible to use SmartLine across multiple devices and receive notifications such as text messages and voicemails, however only the phone that is actively logged in will be able to send and receive calls.

We're working on improving the experience for businesses such as yours that need to share their number across multiple users.

Hi, I am wondering if you will ever make the calls/texts like a real phone. This grouped together for each person stinks. I want a call log and then texts grouped by number. There is no easy way to find out who called and the phone number. As it is, it's just to hard to use.

I second that suggestion.

Aly 🙂

@beckx020wrote:

Hi, I am wondering if you will ever make the calls/texts like a real phone. This grouped together for each person stinks. I want a call log and then texts grouped by number. There is no easy way to find out who called and the phone number. As it is, it's just to hard to use.

Hello @beckx020

We have received positive feedback on the way calls/messages/voicemails are grouped together per contact. It gives a centralized view on a customer interaction in one place.

Is there any reason why you prefer to have your calls and messages separated? What job are you trying accomplish?  Can you elaborate on "There is no easy way to find out who called"?  If you have missed calls, it'll show in your notifications who called you.  

Thanks,

Helen

Advocate VII

Hi all,
Several times I have tried entered smart line phone number into a form. On occasion I have received messages saying please enter a valid phone number. When I enter my regular cell phone number everything is good. Why is my smart line number sometimes not being recognized as a valid cell phone number?

Thanks,
James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

@JMPepperwrote:

Hi all,
Several times I have tried entered smart line phone number into a form. On occasion I have received messages saying please enter a valid phone number. When I enter my regular cell phone number everything is good. Why is my smart line number sometimes not being recognized as a valid cell phone number?

Thanks,
James

Hi @JMPepper

If you're trying to use your SmartLine # to sign up for services, some systems will only send messages to cell phone numbers.  So, it is up to the other systems to allow messaging to SmartLine numbers.  SmartLine is not blocking text messages from other services. 

Thanks,

Helen

Getting Started

Does it have a directory option, like press one for Nicole, press two for Danielle, etc? 

@smackhappywrote:

Does it have a directory option, like press one for Nicole, press two for Danielle, etc? 

This is a great idea, and it is definitely something we have planned in the future. Right now SmartLine is designed for one user with one SmartLine number on one phone. We'll be sure to update the Community when this feature is available.

We use a similar service called Grasshopper so it would be good to know the benefits vs https://grasshopper.com/

Also, any info on number porting if available. (moving your phone from another service.)

Thanks!

SiteDragon.com | MarketerToolbox.co

@SiteDragon wrote:

We use a similar service called Grasshopper so it would be good to know the benefits vs https://grasshopper.com/

Also, any info on number porting if available. (moving your phone from another service.)

Thanks!

@SiteDragon Yes! When you sign up for SmartLine, you can definitely bring your existing number!  Our customer service team can help make this happen. SmartLine's pricing is competitive with others, plus we will always provide great customer service!  Hope to see you on SmartLine soon!

Helper III
Helper III

Hi There,

A feature request is when a contact is known on the Android phone (v7.1.1) that SmartLine (records and displays) not just the contact's name but also the phone number of the incoming or outgoing call. 

The reason for asking is without knowing the phone number of an incoming caller, I don't know which number is best to call them back on.  Likewise for an outgoing call record, I don't know which number I called them on and maybe left a voicemail, which is useful to know if there is a a need to follow up.

Yes I have their contact information with their numbers (work & mobile) but the incoming/outgoing number they used for the phone call is unknown to me.

Currently when an incoming call is for an unknown contact then the phone number is recorded.  Can you not record and display both for known contacts as well?

Thanks for the feature consideration.  See screen shots below that document the issue.

Aly

Screenshot 1 - Just the contact names are shown, not the incoming/outgoing calls.

SmartLine-1.jpg

Call record detail again just shows the contacts name. SmartLine-2.jpg

Here is the contact's record showing both work & mobile numbers.SmartLine-3.jpg

@Alywrote:

Hi There,

A feature request is when a contact is known on the Android phone (v7.1.1) that SmartLine (records and displays) not just the contact's name but also the phone number of the incoming or outgoing call. 

The reason for asking is without knowing the phone number of an incoming caller, I don't know which number is best to call them back on.  Likewise for an outgoing call record, I don't know which number I called them on and maybe left a voicemail, which is useful to know if there is a a need to follow up.

Yes I have their contact information with their numbers (work & mobile) but the incoming/outgoing number they used for the phone call is unknown to me.

Currently when an incoming call is for an unknown contact then the phone number is recorded.  Can you not record and display both for known contacts as well?

Thanks for the feature consideration.  See screen shots below that document the issue.

Aly

Screenshot 1 - Just the contact names are shown, not the incoming/outgoing calls.

SmartLine-1.jpg

Call record detail again just shows the contacts name. SmartLine-2.jpg

Here is the contact's record showing both work & mobile numbers.SmartLine-3.jpg

Hello @Aly

Great to see you participating in SmartLine's AMA!

Thank you for providing so much detail in your feature request, it is very helpful. 🙂  What you're asking for makes a lot sense and you're not alone in this request.  It is definately on our radar to add in the future.  We'll let you know when an update is available.

Thanks,

Helen

Helper III
Helper III

Hi There, 

Another feature request is can you offer call/text filters? 

If just one is possible then make that an unread filter that would just display those phone calls or texts that have not yet been read or listened to in a centralized way so you don't have to go into each record.  Ideally you could also filter on read calls/texts as well in a centralized way.

Thanks for the consideration.

Aly

Former Employee

@Alywrote:

Hi There, 

Another feature request is can you offer call/text filters? 

If just one is possible then make that an unread filter that would just display those phone calls or texts that have not yet been read or listened to in a centralized way so you don't have to go into each record.  Ideally you could also filter on read calls/texts as well in a centralized way.

Thanks for the consideration.

Aly

@Aly Appreciate your suggestion for filters. Many users really like having all contact types together by contact name, and others (like you) want the option to sort things differently -- by read/unread or texts/calls, as you suggest. Adding a sort function is in the product plans, and we'll let you know when updates are available. Keep sharing your ideas! Thanks!!

Community Manager

Question asked on behalf of our GoDaddy Community members:

I have one phone number, and use it for everything -- friends, family, kid activities, and my small biz. I don't want to have 2 phone numbers. How should I think about this?

Rachel

RachelM - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

@RachelMwrote:

I have one phone number, and use it for everything -- friends, family, kid activities, and my small biz. I don't want to have 2 phone numbers. How should I think about this?

If you have a system that works for you - that's great! We have found a lot of people prefer to have separate numbers so they know if they should greet their caller in a professional or personal style. Plus, sometimes you might not want your personal number published for anyone to call at any time of the day ... or night. One of the great things about our service is you can set your business hours. That means when you're spending time with your family, you can have your business calls go straight to voicemail.

Community Manager

I've been using SmartLine, and some of my messages are going to my "standard" VM? Frustrating. Why?

Rachel