cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

"No Conversations" "Share your SmartLine number" screen doesn't switch between numbers

I know GoDaddy has acknowledged that SmartLine isn't optimized for a multi-number experience (yet). I look forward to improved support for this. One small thing I haven't seen mentioned is that the "No Conversations" "Share your SmartLine number" screen doesn't switch between numbers. It always displays your "primary" number even when you've used the UI to switch to another number. That makes it seem like you're on one number when you're really on another.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @ksl1980

Try the following steps:

1. Log out of the app (Settings (gear icon) > Logout)
2. Uninstall/delete the SmartLine app from your iPhone (tap and hold the SmartLine app icon until the icon is wiggling and tap on the X option)
3. Delete "SmartLine" and "SmartLine calls" contacts from iPhone contact list.
4. Reinstall the SmartLine app again from the Apple App store
5. After logging back in, make sure you allow the Contacts and Notifications permission

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Helen

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

I'm with you on this one. It needs fixed.

Hi @LarryD and @ksl1980,

What platforms are you using? When switching numbers, the timeline should switch for the corresponding number in use. Also, please make sure you are using the most recent version of the app. If the problem continues, please private message me your SmartLine number and we will investigate further.

-Peter

I'm using iOS 11.4.1 on an iPhone 6 Plus and SmartLine v3.14.0. I just checked now and the problem still exists.

Note that I'm not talking about the actual notifications (calls, texts, etc.). They switch fine. It's the "background" text that is only seen when there are no notifications present for a number.

Hello @LarryD

I think I know what you're referring to.  If one of your numbers doesn't have any conversation threads, on the main screen where it says "No conversations.  Share your SmartLine number xxx-xxx-xxx ..."  The number that is displayed is not the number that is currently switched to right?

If so, we're able to reproduce it.  Thanks for reporting this issue to us and we'll update this thread when a fix has been released. 

Thanks,

Helen

When someone calls, rather than showing their number on the screen, it shows mine. I only know who is calling after I hang up and go to the call log.

Hello @ksl1980

This could happen if you have your SmartLine # stored as a contact.  We create a contact with your SmartLine # for you called 'SmartLine Call'.  I suggest you delete the contact you created with your # and see if that fixes the issue for you.

Thanks,

Helen

The only numbers I have are the ones set up by the app. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it loaded the same two. "Business Call" and "Outgoing Business Call. " It just keeps showing me my number no matter who calls. Its not helpful at all. Plus, if I reject a call, it goes to my personal voicemail. Now I have to change that in case I accidentally hit the button, so my business clients don't hear the wrong message.

Hello @ksl1980

Try the following steps:

1. Log out of the app (Settings (gear icon) > Logout)
2. Uninstall/delete the SmartLine app from your iPhone (tap and hold the SmartLine app icon until the icon is wiggling and tap on the X option)
3. Delete "SmartLine" and "SmartLine calls" contacts from iPhone contact list.
4. Reinstall the SmartLine app again from the Apple App store
5. After logging back in, make sure you allow the Contacts and Notifications permission

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Helen

View solution in original post

@AlohaHelen.Yes, that is correct. The background screen with the number.

Actually as far as I can tell my SmartLine (TF) has been working fine. I really just haven't been broadcasting it. It's more for emergency contact purposes
Ringleader2018

Actually as far as I can tell my SmartLine (TF) has been working fine. I really just haven't been broadcasting it. It's more for emergency contact purposes
Ringleader2018