cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EricBeckham
Getting Started

413 (Request Entity Too Large) error in Managed WP

I saw a post for this but it concerned a linux hosting plan, and mine is managed wp.  

When I try to make changes to my main page it will not publish.  The creators of my theme and editor logged in and discovered I am getting this 413 error.   I do not know what on this main page could be causing this, and they told me to contact support.  I thought I'd start here to see if anyone has had this issue and how you resolved it. 

Screenshot: https://tudoseionut94-yahoo.tinytake.com/tt/NDgxMTI1N18xNTE5MDE1NQ

Thanks!!

11 REPLIES 11
PL281
Super User III

@EricBeckham 

Were you trying to upload anything when saving in the customize - can you make generate edits etc

The site loaded find for me  but I think I'm hitting a landing page

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

No, even just a simple edit on the page will not save.  I get that error saying to wait a couple of seconds and try again.  I don't know what this 413 error means, so I am not qualified to try and solve it.  The developer of my theme & editor just said to contact support. 

@EricBeckham 

I run about 200 sites on the Managed WordPress platform and to date this is the first time getting this error. 

It has to do with uploading / saving and it being too large. I'm curious if you change to the default theme if you have this issue or if you try to disable plugins.

This is the first step that support would have you try.

Also trying a private browser and seeing if that resolves it.

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Disabling plugins or using a private browser did not solve.  When I get back to the office I will try changing themes.  I may also try disabling Colibri WP Pro, my editor.

Ok i switched to the 2020 theme and fiddled with the main page, then published, and it worked.  Granted this theme has almost nothing on it and the page is very small.  Still, I don't know why what is on my main page would suddenly be too big.  I created the page as it is and it has been fine for months as I work on the site, making little tweaks here and there.  Now it suddenly won't publish... .not sure what to try? 

edit: fixed typos 🙂

@EricBeckham 

It could be any number of things from a plugin to some underlying code - do you have the most recent version of the theme???

Yes everything is up to date.  The developers of ColibriWP (and creators of the theme) logged in an found this issue.  They said it was a server problem that my hosting company can fix.  I guess I will try to contact support at GD but I don't see any way to do that except phone and chat.  

PL281
Super User III

@EricBeckham 

I see you are on Managed WordPress - did they happen to tell you what the specific issue is other than the Entry Too Large and how to resolve it.

Yes Phone / Chat is the only support methods

No. I will just have to call godaddy and see what they say.  

@EricBeckham 

I will tell you now that more than likely GoDaddy will tell you that you need work with the theme / plugin authors as you said that when you changed to TwentyTwenty it was working fine. 

Respectfully from a technical perspective it is very hard to say exactly what is causing this - is it a memory issue, is it a PHP version issue - I'm really surprised that the theme / plugin author would just say talk to the host.

I'm sorry that you maybe between a rock and a hard place with the 2 pointing fingers at each our. I'm just letting you know what to expect

Yah I will have to mess with it.   I do know that the latest version of pho is not installed but godaddy doesn’t seem to care.