cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

503 Service Unavailable on WordPress Site on Laptop

I was getting intermittent 503 errors yesterday and today can't access my site at all thanks to a 503 Service Unavailable message.  The peculiar part is that I can see the site live on my phone's browser, but the 503 pops up when I try to access it from my laptop.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

"Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later."

4 REPLIES 4
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Re: 503 Service Unavailable on WordPress Site on Laptop

Hello @JordanB, I assume that your cell phone is on the same service and has the same settings as your laptop? Have you tried to clear your cache on the laptop? Maybe one of your devices is on a cached copy?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Hi rd! Thanks so much for your reply! I flushed the DNS on my Mac, rebooted the router twice, restarted the phone, etc. and eventually ended up spending hours on chat support where it was discovered that it's a corrupt server on their end and not my site at all. Apparently, it's still being fixed because the site is still giving me 503 errors. 😞
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Thank you for updating us on your situation @JordanB, sorry to hear that it was a server issue. The good thing is you now know the problem and that is a step towards resolution. Hope that you are up and running soon!

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

I've been having the same issue for almost a year now. This hosting is fairly useless. 

The site gets 503 errors for no apparent reason, which I've also found that works from another browser on the same computer for a short time, until that also stops working. I clear the cache and DNS cache, and sometimes it works again. After time and time again on support- I have concluded that godaddy won't solve what ever it is on their end that is causing this. Their support simply blamed it on my themes or plugins, which I meticulously disabled and removed. Would not recommend this service at all! Get either straight linux hosting or go with another host. The managed wordpress hosting is useless and poorly managed.