cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Assitance restoring database

I am moving our Wordpress site to a new domain and need to restore the database, but not finding an obvious way to do this via CPanel. Is there a document on doing this?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Rockstar I Rockstar I
Rockstar I
Solution

Re: Assitance restoring database

Hi @woladmin,

If you are using cPanel, you'll need to use the phpMyAdmin tool to restore the database.  When GoDaddy creates a wp database it adds some information specific with regard to table names.  Be sure that you allow for these table naming conventions on the restore.

I have had almost flawless migration to GoDaddy using UpDraftPlus.  It is in the list of GoDaddy recommended plugins, and I've used it for at least 3 years. It has save me hours and hours in moving sites around. The url is http://www.updraftplus.com.

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

Having a lot of trouble restoring my site and reinstalling Wordpress.

So about a few weeks ago I got an email from GoDaddy about my site, which has been running but not updated for over a year, going over the shared hosting limit. I've been trying to reinstall wordpress from scratch so that I can restore the site through the backup I have. It's proving to be way more difficult that I would have thought. 

I have no idea whether I need to create a new user, or use my old username/ login to do the install. How would I create a new user? It's not letting me log in with the old one. If someone could make this as simple as possible I would really appreciate it!  The site has been down for weeks now

LOST ALL MYSQL DATABASE after moving data center, PLUS unable to install application

Started using godaddy's hosting since 2014.

I have recently moved the datacenter using cpanel and now all the Mysql databases are GONE!

When i checked with the hosting team, they simply say there was no database at all and they are unable to extract anything for me, and all these are my problems blah blah blah

OK, FINE.  Then i try to reinstall everything using Installatron

Now i got this problem:

! PHP for the selected domain has failed.

Installatron is unable to install to a domain where PHP is not working.

Your hosting provider can help you resolve this error.

Error code: 1; HTTP code: 500

SO, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH YOUR HOSTING?? GODADDY???