cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Beaver Builder content slider backround image size

GoDaddy Design Services created our initial site.  We now manage updates.  It is built using Beaver Builder.  The home page has a content slider with the height/width style settings of Height 400px and Max Content Width 1100px.

Having trouble understanding what impacts the display of background images.  Assumed that if I had a image sized at 1100x400, it would display as expected.  But it appears that is not the case.  Can someone help explain or point me to some detailed reading on the subject.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: Beaver Builder content slider backround image size

@WPRookie 

It sounds like no matter what size you put in there, it's converting the image to "cover" size in the window. It's been a long time since I've used Beaver Builder, but you may find some information on their site support (this is a 3rd party link that will take you away from the site.) If your Beaver Builder license is not current, then you'd have to pay them, IIRC.

I personally use Elementor. I think it's the most adaptable site builder out there for WordPress today. @PL281 uses Visual Composer, I believe, and he says it's really good.

All told, using either one, you could probably convert your site to something you would know how to update and maintain in about a month (gotta make sure you work out the bugs) for free using their basic builders. You could spend a little money on the pro versions, which are infinitely better.

You do have options, though, but the cheapest route will be DIY, always. At least in the beginning.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: Beaver Builder content slider backround image size

@WPRookie 

It sounds like no matter what size you put in there, it's converting the image to "cover" size in the window. It's been a long time since I've used Beaver Builder, but you may find some information on their site support (this is a 3rd party link that will take you away from the site.) If your Beaver Builder license is not current, then you'd have to pay them, IIRC.

I personally use Elementor. I think it's the most adaptable site builder out there for WordPress today. @PL281 uses Visual Composer, I believe, and he says it's really good.

All told, using either one, you could probably convert your site to something you would know how to update and maintain in about a month (gotta make sure you work out the bugs) for free using their basic builders. You could spend a little money on the pro versions, which are infinitely better.

You do have options, though, but the cheapest route will be DIY, always. At least in the beginning.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post