cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Better to have ecommerce on WordPress or W+M Online Store?

I've gotten comments from friends that a WordPress ecommerce built site has more options for selling and shipping than a GoDaddy built site? Right now I'm concerned that by selling two sizes of my product I cannot show a fixed shipping price for each type product. Comments please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User I

@americanpaddy 

Your friends are correct if you are referring to Websites + Marketing when you refer to a "GoDaddy built site". Having a WordPress site with eCommerce, with WooCommerce as an example, opens up all kinds of options and flexibility that the GD product does not offer.

You can check out all the available plugins and extensions for WooCommerce to get an idea of what you can do to easily add functionality. Shipping formulas are one of those things that the GD platform can be limiting depending on what you want to do.

The GD platform is great for simpler sites and those just starting out. But as with any "builder" platform it is not uncommon to find limitations in functionality or that eventually you outgrow and need more features.

Each has its place depending on what you want to do. If you find that you are already feeling limited, maybe explore your options with WP/Woo. Does that help? 😉

Judith
"Broken crayons still color." Anon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User I

@americanpaddy 

Your friends are correct if you are referring to Websites + Marketing when you refer to a "GoDaddy built site". Having a WordPress site with eCommerce, with WooCommerce as an example, opens up all kinds of options and flexibility that the GD product does not offer.

You can check out all the available plugins and extensions for WooCommerce to get an idea of what you can do to easily add functionality. Shipping formulas are one of those things that the GD platform can be limiting depending on what you want to do.

The GD platform is great for simpler sites and those just starting out. But as with any "builder" platform it is not uncommon to find limitations in functionality or that eventually you outgrow and need more features.

Each has its place depending on what you want to do. If you find that you are already feeling limited, maybe explore your options with WP/Woo. Does that help? 😉

Judith
"Broken crayons still color." Anon

View solution in original post