Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Kevin0wens
Getting Started

Building a book publishing site

Hi,

How to go about building a book publisher site, e.g., https://notionpress.com/ or https://pothi.com/ ?

I am mainly concerned about how to setup/config the members/authors (memberpress, but what about the uploaded manuscripts) area.

Seems to me Wordpress cms is the way to go, but, again how to setup the books/manuscripts submission area under authors/members section?

Appreciate the guidance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Mustachkian
Skilled I

@Kevin0wens ,

WordPress can be a very powerful tool. So, yes, it seems like the way to go in your case.

Speaking of, not sure what exactly you have pictured in your mind, but I’m positive you can accomplish it using its plugins. Just do a proper research, and when you do find the one you need, search for a YouTube tutorial. That’s what I always do.

Bonus advice: instead of buying plugins, use them under GPL. I really don’t see the reason for paying thousands of dollars for plugins when you can use them for free.

Also, if you’re not so good around coding, make sure to use a proper website builder. My favorite one is Elementor.

Good luck,

Mustachkian

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Mustachkian
Skilled I

@Kevin0wens ,

WordPress can be a very powerful tool. So, yes, it seems like the way to go in your case.

Speaking of, not sure what exactly you have pictured in your mind, but I’m positive you can accomplish it using its plugins. Just do a proper research, and when you do find the one you need, search for a YouTube tutorial. That’s what I always do.

Bonus advice: instead of buying plugins, use them under GPL. I really don’t see the reason for paying thousands of dollars for plugins when you can use them for free.

Also, if you’re not so good around coding, make sure to use a proper website builder. My favorite one is Elementor.

Good luck,

Mustachkian

View solution in original post