Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

CSS help - changing font size in headings

Hello! 

I'm using the mins theme and I'm having trouble with one of my page headings, where the word is too long for the mobile version and ends up being stuck over 2 lines, regardless of which font I use (although some better than others). I want to reduce the font size of the headings across the site, but have never used CSS before. Does anyone have a bit of code that will work, or can point me in the right direction?

2 REPLIES 2
Super User I Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Re: CSS help - changing font size in headings

@JennaS 

There is no universal bit of code that could be offered here.  What has to change is based on that (h2, h3, h4 or all?) specific element(s).   Here is a brief overview of how to make the change -- which does require a bit of familiarity with CSS to implement.

When viewing the headline(s) you want to change in your browser, right click and select Inspect / Inspect Element (varies based on which browser you are using) that headline.

Doing that will display the CSS code that controls the size of that headline/element.  Copy that portion, go into your Dashboard > Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS.  There you would past that snippet and modify as necessary.

Taking this approach allows you to make CSS changes without having to actually modify the theme's CSS file and you can tweak as necessary or remove if you do not like the results.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
"I failed my way to success." ~Thomas Edison
New

Re: CSS help - changing font size in headings

Thank you :-)